I read that this forum was avaible (newbie)

annrenee2
on 10/30/07 12:28 am - Knoxville, TN
My name is Annrenee I live in TN had RNY april 24th,  I am so glad that this is avaible for us.  I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, osteoarthitis, ddd, djd,  Chronic pain  I also have IC of the bladder I was wondering who else has IC.  What I would like to put out there is that people that are having this surgery and have IC of the bladder to make sure it is under control and that you are recieveing treatment before surgery, i new I had it but just didnt know alot about it and pushed it aside and since surgery it has been in a flare do to all the protein and dairy produtcs, I just started treatment again because it has gotten so bad that I couldn't deal with the pain and peeing all the time,  BUT to make it clear I am not at all regreating the RNY it has helped me so much I had diabetes and sleep apnea there both gone,  That right there is the best thing so far with having the rny. I am however in a fibro flare what do you all do or take to get it back under control.  I have been on Morphine for 5 years now and tho I dont take as much as I did before the surgery,  I would Hope to get off it some day.  The surgery has helped me in getting  rid of some meds that I was on but then just in the past month going on 3 more..... grrrrrr.  I have only lost 54 lbs there are so many others out there that has lost so much more then I have dont get me wrong 54 lbs and being under 200 is great i have 40 more to go.  Having fibro and it in a flare makes it very hard to excersise any help there from any one,  I know they say to keep moving and excersise for fibro but to be honest I hurt more.  Thanks for all your help a head of time. Annrenee

Shanana
on 10/30/07 1:22 am - Altavista, VA
Welcome Annrenee! I also suffer from fibro,osteo, ddd, djd, depression and anxiety disorders.. I have a ruptured disk in my back that I have 2 appts in next 2 weeks to discuss surgery for as well.  I am not familiar with the bladder problem but I can certainly relate to your pain. I am on more meds now than I was before surgery but am glad to be addressing my issues. I am grateful for this surgery as well. My drs says its a good chance I wouldnt still be walking had I not lost the weight. I have a hard time exercising too. Its a long drive from here to any pools that are warm enough not to make me hurt. I do all i can with stretch bands and small hand weights at home. Walk once in a while. Hope we all get the help we need. Hugs, Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

Most Active
Recent Topics