Elavil

Casey Q.
on 12/16/07 12:00 pm - Dayton, OH
Has anyone tried this for their fibro?

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

Debjynx
on 12/17/07 1:55 am - MN
Hi I've been on Amitriptyline which is the generic of Elavil for years, I have had to up my doses and since having surgery I've had to lower my dosage.  It helps me sleep and I have my fibro under control for the most part. I have found that my surgery has improved my fibro.  I do still have some bad flair-ups but I can I can keep them under control with Tylenol 3 and 5 mg of Flexeral. Deb
Jackie D.
on 12/29/07 4:42 am - Hudsonville, MI
I've been on Elavil for over 10 years and find it the only thing that works for me as far as sleeping.  I  occasionally go off of it but haven't since my surgery.  The last couple of weeks with the weather here in Michigan have made me up my doseage frojm 75mg to 150mg at bedtime.  I found I was getting up during the night but with the new level I sleep through the night most nights. Best Wishes!

Kathleen T.
on 1/4/08 12:57 pm
That's one of the med the Dr. has on my do not take list.  And it has one of the med I'm allergy to. Kathleen 07/02/2007
kathpf
on 2/27/08 9:05 am - oologah, OK
I was on Elavil for a couple of years.  Yes I slept great and it seemed to help with the pain.  The downside (for me at least) was weight gain.  In a year I gained 50lbs on it!  I knew that weight gain was a side effect, but the extra weight turned out to not be a good trade off for me.  I wish you better luck on it.  I'm currently on Lyrica, can't tell that it's doing much.
Most Active
Recent Topics