Questions regarding Cymbalta..

Natasha R.
on 12/18/07 6:14 pm
HI, I perused your posts on this new board. So glad to see its existence! I have been on Lyrica and Cymbalta for 6 months. I gained weight.  I have attempted to remove the Lyrica in the last 3 months 2 different times. Within 2 days, I can't walk from a sitting position or right out of bed. I still can't really live a normal life. I can't walk without pain in ankles, feet, joints, small of back...etc.  The Dr also prescribed me Phenteramine (diet pill) to counteract the weight gain. I don't really know if its all working. Questions and point of post: Does Cymbalta cause weight gain?  I am totally an emotional robot. Is this the Cymbalta? Is there something that would work better for mild depression, pain management and energy assistance other than cymbalta? Regarding Pain management. I am also prescribed 3 pills per day of tylenol with codeine. The Tylenol 3's sort of help, but usually I need 4 of them to truly help. And I still feel immense pain. (I have endometriosis on top of the fibromyalgia). Is there a better pain management pill schedule...ie other than the tylenol 3's ? Does it get any better once you lose the weight? I also use OTC Ibuprophen/NASAID...2x's per day. I am currently working on getting an approval from Aetna for the Duedonel Switch WLS... that way I don't have to worry about the NSAIDS.  I just can't live like this, especially if there is a better option.  Any words of advice would be helpful too. Sorry about the amount of questions and the long post... Need help and solutions and recommendations on Medication schedules of Anti Depressants and Pain Management meds that won't cause weight gain. Thank you! Sending Soft Hugs and Happy Holidays to you all. Natasha
Janet H.
on 12/21/07 2:42 am - Golden Valley, AZ
Hi Natasha, First I want to say I feel for you, and for me the weight lost has help alot. I have been on Cymbalta for about two years and I just had my surgery in Oct. and I did lose 15 lbs before surgery so for me the Cymbalta has not cause me to gain , and since surgery I am off all my Nsaids and don't miss them at all, I still take MTX and am starting my Embral back up, and that is all the meds if take for my arthritis and  Fribo. I did not even take pain meds any more, like I use to, good luck with your INS, comp hope you aproved soon and then you can start to feel better soon,

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

dorthe H.
on 12/22/07 12:38 am - farmington, MN
hi natasha:    i've been on lyrica and cymbalta, too.  for several months.  i went through a pain center and they did what they could - after a long, long wait to be seen.      i honestly don't know if the weight loss will help.  i was in alot of pain when i was 450 lbs and blamed it on the weight.  then i lost about 200 lbs and they diagnosis' starting coming in re: what the pain was actually coming from.    the pain, and it's remedies, are so hard to deal with and even harder to describe to someone who hasn't been there.  so i know what you mean when you say you can't live with it.  i try to start each day being thankful for being alive - but it's hard to get through the day when you're living pain pill to pain pill, have no emotions or memory, and are worried about finances as well, as i am.    from this end - i have no solutions for you - but lots of empathy and a very big wish the it will get better for you.  i have spoken with someone who USED TO HAVE fibro and no longer suffers from it.  i pray for that day, as i'm sure we all do. happy holidays warm hugs  
DORTHE
     AGING IS INEVITABLE
              GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL!   
Casey Q.
on 12/22/07 5:53 am - Dayton, OH
I have been on Cymbalta since ummm July?  I have gained 25 freaking pounds!!!  I have been so upset!!

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

Most Active
Recent Topics