New Here fibromyalgia question

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/07 6:10 am - OK
Good Evening,
I was directed to this board never knew it was here. I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after having surgery because of small bowel obstruction then having another surgery because of scar tissue around my stomach and then i was in hospital cause the darvocet with all the tylenol messed with my liver.

So my question is with those that have this

What do you take? Right now i am on Lyrica 75mg morning and then in the evening and then they have me on extended release morphine 30 mg morning and 30 evening then 30 immediate release every 4 hrs as needed cause i have really been hurting a whole lot. It tooks 4 drs to finally figure this out thank the lord that I got answers

but would like to hear what you take and if it helps

Thanks in advance
dorthe H.
on 12/28/07 11:32 pm - farmington, MN
hi marsha:    i was recently diagnosed myself (last May) and have gone through a series of meds and dr visits to treat this invasive pain.  i currently take lyrica (200mg daily), also take cymbalta (60 mg daily), and alprazolam and tizanidine.      all of these meds tend to make me drowsy and slow.  i've been off work since may but have to return soon - ugly finances.  and i'm hoping to cut back on some of these meds so i can hold down a job, even if it's not the same job i left.   that's gone.    guess i'm trying to say that it's a journey - same as the weight loss - to find the meds that will help you, and me,  function.  good luck with your doctors.  advocate for yourself, though.  you're the one who knows best what is and isn't working.  and how you feel about it. take care hugs
DORTHE
     AGING IS INEVITABLE
              GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL!   
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/07 12:37 am - OK
My medication needs adjusted. The lyrica helps just needs to be upped. I also take pain meds and medication for anxiety so i am on a lot but for some reason i am still able to care for my child which is  a good thing. but thanks for reply
BabsLISW
on 12/30/07 4:23 am - Akron, OH
When I was first diagnosed some 12 years ago, I was put on 100mg of Zoloft in the morning and 20mg of Doxepin at night. I have recently stopped the Doxepin but continue with the Zoloft. I do have occasional flares and for those I take either Darvocet or Vicodin when it gets bad. I used to take Ultram, but not allowed to do that since surgery. I tried to stop the Zoloft once, but the fibro started getting bad again. So I stick with what has worked for me.

Glad you found your way over here Marsha. I haven't been here for awhile but thought I would check it out today.

Kathleen T.
on 1/4/08 12:44 pm, edited 1/4/08 12:44 pm

I just learn about this site a few weeks ago but just been lurkin here. I  have been diagnosised with fribo. for 12 1/2 years.  It took them almost 7 year back then to fine out what the probelm was with me. I just went one day to a total different Dr. that didn't know me and total him if I was crazy he could commitee me (sp?) if he wanted but I was hurting so bad I was feeling crazy.  Make along story short I was on a time release tablet but my stomach was burning they had to change the med to a non time release. With the fall i took lately(few days ago) I've been feeling the muscle hurting all over again.  Buropion 75mg 4xdaily subs. For Wellbutrin  clonazepam tabs 2at night to get sleep 2mg each a whole 5 hour's  have to get and appointment for this month to see the Arthritis Dr. soon I try not to let him keep changing my meds. the last time they did my reaction  to it was not good at all. Had to change back to the same meds. Kathleen 07/02/2007

Most Active
Recent Topics