Cymbalta

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/10 11:24 am
 What are your reviews on this?  Ive been taking 30mg once per day (at bedtime) for 3 weeks now.  NO improvement at all, whatsoever.  Im in so much pain, cant sleep, am exhausted during the day and just dont want to get out of bed (unfortunately, my 21 month old feels differently).  So, Id like to hear what you all think of Cymbalta (its the only med Im on) and what your dosage is.  

Also- is there anything you have found that helps with the exhaustion and fog?  Im SO out of it 99% of the time :(  I was praying for something for the exhaustion and pain- and so far, nothing Ive tried has helped either- and in fact, they have made me MORE tired and lethargic.  Ugh.  Please tell me there is something out there!  Ah, also, I cant take Lyrica due to a clotting issue- so thats not an option...
Hislady
on 1/19/10 12:47 pm - Vancouver, WA
I haven't found anything that helps with the fatigue and fog. I have to make lists alot and keep a daily calender of everything I need to do, it does help keep me on time, but I'm still tired all the time. Your dose is pretty low so if I were you I'd let your doc know it's not helping and see if he'll up your dose. I also found that dividing the dose and taking half in the morning and half at night time helped keep a more even dose going on. There is also a drug called Savella that lots of folks have had quite a bit of success with, so if the cymblta doesn't work with a bigger dose you might try that. I also take 30mg of morphine and 5mg of oxycodone for arthritis pain, sometimes narcotics are the only thing that works, tho with a little one you may not want to use them. Good luck and do come back and stay in touch with us.
Lee M.
on 1/20/10 6:10 am - sudbury, Canada
I started out @ 60 mg once a day @ bedtime, didn't do much so Dr jumped me up to 120 mg which is the maximum dosage And i have noticed a big difference....I also take adderal (ritalin) for fatigue & fog. it does wonders!!!!!!!!!!!
Mitzi916
on 1/20/10 12:37 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Ava, I'm so sorry to hear your having trouble with sleep and with pain.  I can certainly relate ( to lack of sleep and pain). 

Just wondering if you were tested yet for SleepApnea and if so and are you using the CPAP regularly?

Talk to your physcian about this and see what else you might be able to use since Cybalta isn't working!

Here's hoping you'll get some sleep and some relief soon!

Mitzi

HW:287  SW:253  CW: 178 (75 lbs lost since surgery)  GW: 165

Ticker reflects weight loss since start of WLS journey (April 2009):

"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better, Better & BETTER!" ~ José Silva 

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/10 10:15 pm
 I dont have sleep apnea...  I just cant sleep because of the discomfort.  :(  Ive asked for pain meds- my Rheum is totally against them.  The best I have is the pain killers for my migraines, which, do nothing to help the FM pain.  Im trying to find a pain center that is local and covered by my insurance to hopefully find some relief.  Thanks for the suggestions!
dbuckeye
on 1/24/10 6:06 am - Sun City, AZ

I take 30mg twice daily.  We do not absorb time released medicine in the proper way after Rny.  You should also remember this incase you are on antibotics and they may not be working properly.  The doctor may need to increase the dosage the same way for them.

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/10 8:58 am
I was on cymbalta, but now the doc wants me off.  They had weaned me off of paxil and put me on the cymbalta, but the cymbalata wasn't working for the depression, so now they are having me go back to the paxil...I'm still waiting to see my rhuemy's fibro colleague...been waiting since November.  I go in March.  Still considering making the 5 hour drive to see someone else.  My primary doesn't seem to really know what to do about the pain and depression.  I was on 60 mg daily.
I take flexaril to help me relax enough to sleep and it seems to help.  Otherwise like you it hurts too much and I toss and turn all night long.

Christine M.
on 2/1/10 10:20 pm - GA
I am on ritalin for the fatigue (that is what this drug is actually for). It helps more than anything else I have ever taken. I am still tired and foggy but not near as bad. Christine (I take an occasional Advil for the pain but I am 3 yrs. out from my surgery. The side effects of pain meds made it not worth using them)

Pattis70
on 2/9/10 11:30 am
I have been taking cymbalta 60mg once a day. It helps take the edge of my Fibro and diabetic neuropathy pain. It seems to work better if I take it at night. I seem to rest better then.
cobastas
on 2/9/10 8:38 pm
Cymbalta may take some time to start working.   I was on it for 8 months before I had any relief.  I am virtually pain free and it has also helped with the numbing that I have.  Take it at night to shake the fog.

Most Active
Recent Topics