Finally asking for Dr's help

Jennifer M.
on 4/8/11 3:12 am - Goodyear, AZ
 I went to the doctor on Wednesday. I creid a lot, she almost cried with me. She asked the usual questions, like why am I not on meds. I explained my saga as I did on our board. She had blood work done to check basic levels, partly for pre-op info. When the med assist was taking my blood pressure it hurt sooooo badly that I actually began to cry!!!!   She started me on a diuretic due to the SEVERE swelling and gave me some Vicodin, ordered for every 8 hrs which doesn't help much.  The labs came back, my sodium was actually low!! So the swelling is not simple water retention, its inflamatory, not a surprise. Im peeing up a storm but still swollen.... Still in pain..... taking naps so I can get rested before surgery on Wednesday. I think its the best I can do. 
Last night I was out with my husband and mentioned the whole blood pressure actually hurting so badly that I cried and they took it 3 times. I started to say "you would think they would stop trying on the arm after a couple times since I was crying." But he got irritated and said, " thats enough I don't want to hear it! Maybe if you had taken better care of yourself over the years you wouldn't be in this situation." I told him that has nothing to do with my illness and injuries and just didn't talk to him anymore that night. He is clue less about what he says! He is all understanding with his patients but an ass to me. 

Sorry, just needed to vent a bit.....
 ...a work in progress...    
Hislady
on 4/8/11 8:20 am - Vancouver, WA
Hugs to you!I hope your doc will be able to get you some results. It's hard enough to deal with, without our families giving us a hard time. I'm so sorry you have no support at home. Feel free to vent here anytime you want, we understand!
ANNI D.
on 4/8/11 8:55 am

I am so angry for you!! I cant believe the man that married you, can look in the face and say something like that! I have very little patience for men and there insensativity towards some things, so forgive me if I cross the line but, I would have been pissed and I would have let him know that in a hurry. He probably would've made another remark and then there would have been a full blown fight. It takes alot to make me mad. I hardly ever raise my voice, but jeez! I am so sorry you have to hurt and then made to feel like you caused your fibro. That's just idiotic!

I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

Most Active
Recent Topics