New to OH, recently sleeved.

lrwright09
on 6/16/11 9:56 am - MI
HI all!

I wanted to introduce myself in this forum. I had my gastric sleeve on 6/6/2011.  I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in Sept. 2010.  Is fibro better after the surgery?  Right now, I take flexeril at night and it pretty much controls everything.  Tried Lyrica and that didn't work for me. 

Leslie

Pre-surgery weight:  285
After pre-surgery diet:  271   
Hislady
on 6/16/11 1:50 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well I hate to be the one to have to tell you, no it doesn't get better with surgery or weight loss. If you are lucky there will be less joint pain if you have arthritis but it doesn't really affect the fibro at all. There are some lovely ladies here that have lost alot of weight but still suffer horribly from their fibro. Many have had good luck with cymbalta instead of lyrica because the lyrica tends to cause weight gain, like we need that! If we can help with any other questions feel free to pop in!
lrwright09
on 6/18/11 1:46 am - MI
Thanks Hislady!

I figured as much about the fibro.  I was just trying to keep hope alive.  So far, I haven't had too much pain since they put me on the flexeril.  If the flexeril stops working, I'll be sure to ask my doctor about cymbalta. 

Thanks again.
Leslie

jacc0811
on 7/4/11 3:29 pm - centerville, OH
Cymbalta has been a myrical for me!  I can't imagine life without it...  I just can't say enough about it.
lrwright09
on 7/4/11 11:21 pm - MI
Thanks.  I'm going to ask my doc about it at my next appointment.  Right now, I'm doing pretty well.  But I can feel my body changing now and I want to be proactive.

Most Active
Recent Topics