Wanted: Pen Pal

Sherri C.
on 1/2/13 5:22 am
RNY on 04/05/13

I'm looking for a pen pal, someone to chat with as I make my journey. It's been a long wait for me but I've finally rec'd my Surgeon's date for FEB 7th!

If you wanna chat email me at [email protected]

Sherri

Mary A.
on 4/9/13 5:02 am

I would be willing to be supportive, although I live in Canada and the process is much different than it is in the USA...so I am not sure where you reside, but I am 4 yrs post-op...and would love to help you out anyway that I can..one thing you need to know, is that although I am compassionate and I realize the first few months after surgery are difficult.I don;t do well with me that play the "oh poor woeful me" card on a contsant basis.

I didn't get where I am in this almost 6 yr journey, by being a slacker...not saying that I don't on occasion slip off the "wagon"..but I get back on and realize that my surgeon gave me a chance at a "better life" and I owe it to him not to have wasted his talents on me!

So if that above doesn't make you run, you are welcome to send me a PM..please note that I am not on teh site everyday..but will get back to you~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Sherri C.
on 4/9/13 6:50 am
RNY on 04/05/13
Hi, I'd love a Pen Pal. I laughed out loud when I read that you can't help the "poor me" I'm far from that! I also live in Canada. Cambridge Ontario to be exact. Long story but I'm still in hospital, almost didn't make it. My two day stay has turned to 5 and still counting. I'll gladly share the tale, and when I get home I'll be well on my way to my goal. I've jumped hurrdle after hurdle and a four year struggle but I finally made it! The new me, and I know I'll probably stumble but I'm a fighter and WILL NOT give up! Email me at. [email protected]. And we can communicate that way or via text whichever you prefer.
Time for my walk, hope to hear from you soon
All the Best
Sherri
Most Active