penpal preop sleeve

mollybugsmom73
on 10/28/13 9:56 am - United Kingdom

Penpal wanted anywhere in the world who is undergoing  sleeve surgery, I am awaiting surgery in January and would like to have a penpal going through the same procedure or have been through it.

I am in the UK and aged 45 and female

lauralaurie
on 11/9/13 6:19 am
mollybugsmom73
on 11/9/13 7:05 am - United Kingdom

Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for replying to my ad,  I am a bit scared to be honest but realise if I dont have this done I will be dead before I am 50.

A bit about me... I am a single mom to 2 children both girls 19 and 12. Lucy and Molly.  I live in the west midlands, near Coventry. I run a thrift store for a charity called Extracare.

I suppose my weight gain started in my early 20's although I always was the fat one!!! but after the birth of my first daughter I piled on the pounds and again once I had my secong. I was content though , but 8 years ago my partner died suddenly from a brain annurism and that started a long bout of depression that I would not admit to...so I ate!! anything and everything. I ballooned to nearly 30stones.

I have lost 7 stone on my own but now cant move anymore weight, my mobility is awful and I cant walk very far. I just want my life back.

I have waited for 4 years for this operation, I am very scared about when I come out of hospital, my children are going to stay with relatives while i recover.

How are you doing now? are you glad you had it done? was there any point when you wished you hadnt done it.....

I am so looking forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

Nikki

lauralaurie
on 11/9/13 12:34 pm
mollybugsmom73
on 11/10/13 6:13 am - United Kingdom

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your reply, I think I am less worried now I have a pal going through it too

Firstly congratulations on your weight loss

. I cant wait to be able to go swimming again. What excercise do you do?

Is it true that you dont feel hungry anymore, I am always hungry, i could just eat and eat till i explode....It doesnt help that I love cooking...but that hunger feeling is awful and had to eat until it has passed in the past. Then feel the guilt of over eating. becomes a vicious circle.

What types of foods do you eat now and what quantities....do you find it difficult to eat out? are there any foods you can not eat now or just dont like any more?

I bet it is amazing when the weight starts to drop off....I cant imagine what I will look like. lol.....I have an apron stomach that hangs and I think will need cosmetic surgery afterwards..I fondly call it my Sporan (like in the scottish kilt!!!)

Was your family supportive in your decision to have surgery? Mine are mixed some are not at all supportive and cant understand why i cant just diet and hit the gym!!! If only it was that sensible!!!!

I am so fully of questions I hope you dont mind. 

Nikki

x

lauralaurie
on 11/11/13 1:21 pm
mollybugsmom73
on 11/12/13 5:16 am - United Kingdom

Laura,

I find cooking just for myself and my daughter daunting after surgery. she is a fussy eater at the best of time!!! I try to eat healthily anyway, my problem is the amount I eat, my dinners are as big as any man Iknow. I also only eat once a day here. The thought of eating that amount of times a day is frankly a scary...although its not like I am eating huge amounts of food eh?

i have heard about Dumping have yous suffered with this, one of my bit fears is vomitting, was you sick much?

It must be lovely being able to buy clothes anywhere, rather than the larger womens store!! There is only one store in the UK where you can buy clothes if you are above a size 20. I am a UK 30. Buying underwear is a nightmare. I buy a lot on the internet which is a saviour. It was easier when I lived in the US lol.

nikki

lauralaurie
on 11/12/13 3:27 pm
mollybugsmom73
on 11/13/13 2:47 am - United Kingdom

Hi Laura,I have looked on Utube, some of those are real horror stories and it made my anxiety worse lol..

I lived in Sebastapol North California for two years in 1997-1999 I was working for Berkeley University in Frisco. I used to work as an archaeologist so travelled a lot. In fact my partner is American, we met when i was over there and he came looking for me two years ago he lives in the Keys Florida, although has just moved to Cleveland to care for his mum.(she is getting over breast cancer)  He will be here for christmas. which is exciting. We plan to marry in the future but I wont do it till I am slim as I dont want to look like the fat bride!

I have heard thinning hair is a side affect of the sleeve, will it grow back? I lost my hair 4 years ago due to chemo when I had bowel cancer. I still have my wigs!!!!!!!!!!!!

But i bet it was nice seeing the thin you again, I cant wait for that moment. at the weekend I will post a photo of myself so you can see what I look like.most of my weight is around my stomach and hips....to be honest its getting difficult to do certain things now like wash my feet, tie my laces is impossible!!! I am always tired, i have sleep apnoea but I cant deal with my mask for my pat machine, it makes me feel clostraphobic and I end up ripping it off in the night...I gave up with it.

nikki

lauralaurie
on 11/13/13 4:01 am
Most Active