I was wondering

lizzey627
on 8/11/06 1:59 am - Dunlap, CA
I know that for the arms (skin) there really isnt anything you can do. I was wondering though if  I bulk up the muscles in the arm would that help lift some and tighten it. My muscles in my arms are very small and I have started lifting weights but  im wondering if im wasting my time?
Maryland
on 8/11/06 2:22 am - Rockville, MD
From all the posts I've read, it really helps.  I think exercise helps tone the skin in a general way, as well, because you are getting more blood flushed through your body, bringing nutrients, etc.  The weight lifting will also help you maintain your lean muscle mass, which is very important.
Earl C.
on 8/11/06 3:08 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Lizzey, I think it helps fill the void sorta. Can't hurt. There are so many other benefits I don't see the reason "not" to keep lifting. Check out this link... http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fitness/cmsID,9001/mode,content/ How can being Healthy and strong be a waste of time? Good Luck Earl
Donnamarie
on 8/11/06 9:30 am - NY
Hi lizzey, To put a damper on the very positive posts you've received, I'll chime in as a person with the most hideous bat wings out there. My arms were very heavy, measuring 19" around when I was at my heaviest, 352.  As the weight came off, the skin got very very bad.  My arm skin now hangs down so that it takes up twice the room of my "real" arm.  That being said, I work out and have now 4-5 times a week since mid-October.  I have a fantastically shaped arm, without the skin there.  I am pleased with the tone and wouldn't have stopped working out even if I realized it wouldn't have helped.   After my brachioplasty I am going to have a lot of good muscle that is not only going to help with the healing but is going to continue to "absorb" the skin that will continue to sag due to age. Good luck! Donna
Most Active