Friday Workout

Becky_M
on 9/29/06 9:20 am - Northwest, GA
I went to the local walking track at our hospital and did 2 laps, 2 miles, about 40 minutes.  I was late getting out there so wasn't able to get in the 3 miles that I wanted to..... but guess what?  I actually jogged twice during my walk!  I still can't believe it.  I've been wanting to give it a go for a while now, but just haven't had the nerve.  Well, today was the day.  I didn't go very far at all either time and it sure wasn't pretty, But I Jogged!   Becky
carisima
on 9/29/06 10:51 pm, edited 9/29/06 10:55 pm - Miami, FL
Hi Becky!  Congrats on the excellent workout!  That's terrific.  I want you to know I've had a chance to read some of your blog, and think you are fabulous!  Excellent weight loss, and even more excellent, your consistency with working out.  For three days now I've noticed you are the only one posting a workout, yet no replies.  Sometimes that's tough... but you keep plugging away.  So, I thought I would respond, and tell you that I will probably keep you company in this journey. Although I only walked my doggie, Gigi, this morning, I will soon be training for a 5K.  My surgery is scheduled for Oct. 11th, and you know how much we have to walk after surgery.  I'm holding off until after surgery to decide whether to register for the 5K, or even the half marathon, here in Miami come January.  Have you considered this type of goal?  I can tell you that this past July I completed a duathlon (walked 2 miles, biked 10 miles, walked 2 miles).  It was my first such type event.  It may have taken me 2.5 hours, and I may have been last, but I finished.  And what a high that was.  Anywho... thanks for posting your workouts.  I will be posting my daily workouts too.  I think its a great idea!  Take care.
-Cari 
Dance as if nobody's watching! 
269/209/140
Becky_M
on 10/1/06 12:46 am - Northwest, GA
Hey Cari, nice to meet you!  Man, you are an inspiration... not sure if I can ever keep up with you, but I sure would love to give it a go.   I'd love to see what others are doing, give me ideas to change things up for me, so I look forward to your posts. I've never looked into doing any kind of 5K or marathon, but there's always a first time, eh? Never in 10 million years did I EVER think I would love to exercise, and it took a while of making myself do it to get hooked, but now I get antsy if I can't get out and move. Becky
carisima
on 10/1/06 7:51 am - Miami, FL
Isn't it great to get antsy about getting out there to workout?  I love that feeling.  I think you would do great in a 5K.  You should check it out, and you'd be surprised at all shapes and sizes of people that go out to these events.  My favorite website is BeginnerTriathlete.com.  It is made up of people from all over the world.  The best thing about it are the training logs.  You can post all of your workouts, and it keeps track of them for you.  I also enjoy salsa dancing, and I'm diving into that as soon as I lose a good chunk of weight.  I think its important to ENJOY whatever exercise you are doing.  That is the key I think.  Well... I'm glad to meet you, and will keep in touch. 
-Cari 
Dance as if nobody's watching! 
269/209/140
Most Active