How Many Calories Should I Have?

Erin Crane
on 10/30/06 5:36 am - Mechanicsburg, PA

Hello all.  I am One Year Post-op and I just started exercising.  Yes I know that's bad, but better late than never, right? Anyway, what should my calorie intake be for the day? I have an office job.  But I do go up and down stairs at work and home.  I also do a lot of moving at home.   But my exercising is 10 minutes jogging on my treadmill and 5 minutes on a stationary bike (I am just beginning) So how many calories should I have in order to loss weight? I know if I have very little cals.  I may not lose at all.  But if I have too many I may gain or still not lose.' I know you all are not experts.  But I'd like to know a ball park figure. Thank you Kindly! Erin

ERI
JeremyGentles
on 10/31/06 11:35 pm - Johnson City, TN

Erin, First of all let me say congrats on all of your success.  If you consume around 1500 calories a day that should be sufficient.  Also, you may want to check out an article I wrote about how and when to increase cardiovascular exercise intensity. Just click the link below and let me know if this helps.

Cardiorespiratory Training Before and After Weight Loss Surgery

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

Erin Crane
on 11/1/06 3:15 am - Mechanicsburg, PA
Thank you for the compliment, Jeremy, and all your help!  I will check that out right now.  I thought I was eating too much at 1000 calories.  I feel much,much better now! Erin
ERI
Most Active