Elliptical Experts

PattyL
on 2/25/07 11:36 pm
So, I've heard this is a better workout and it helps upper body too.  I want to learn how to do this.  I've tried and tried and I always feel off balance.  Like I'm going to fall.  Anyone have any advice? I'm not in horrible shape.  I can run or do the treadmill 10 miles if I have enough time.  I usually do 5 at least 5 days a week and some machines for upper body.  With a little racketball thrown in for good measure! Thanks!
Terri R. R
on 2/28/07 3:15 am - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
I get at least 30 minutes on the elliptical every day.  I used to feel off balance in the beginning but hung in there.  Try doing just a few minutes to start off and add a bit more each time.  That's what I did and my body soon got used to working on the elliptical.   Start off on level one on the machine and just concentrate on feeling comfortable.  Don't push yourself.  As you do become more comfortable, adjust your workout and increase your levels.  I usually do 30  minutes forwards on level 13 with a variety setting.  Sometimes, I'll add 15 minutes backwards at level 10 or change to the precor and do 30 minutes backwards.  I can easily burn 800 calories in an hour.

File:NASM logo blue.jpg
Certified Personal Trainer

Laura_G.
on 3/1/07 6:44 am - Rutledge, MN
One thing that helped me feel comfortable on the machine, was to concentrate on keeping my weight balanced on my feel.  ie. not leaning to far forward or back. Keep it up, it is worth it! -L.
Most Active