Runners?

julieohio
on 2/26/07 11:51 pm - Gahanna, OH
A few questions for those of you who run. I am training for a half marathon and need some advice. What do you do for nutrition on long runs? I tried gatoraid but it upset my stomach. Do any of you runners wear compression pants and do they help with the jiggle? Thanks in advance for yur help.
Earl C.
on 2/27/07 10:44 am - Circleville, OH
Oh, I try to infuse my system with plenty of Twinkies and HoHo's before a big run. Right about mile 13 I chug down a Snickers bar and chase it with a Mounds bar. Coconut's good carbs.  ... Like I run anywhere. How ya doing Julie? Been up to Lights lately?
julieohio
on 2/27/07 5:10 pm - Gahanna, OH
Very Funny Earl, I have been well but keeping busy. Not to many trips to Light lately. I still like to dance though. How are things with you? Looks like you have a bum knee. I hope that gets better soon.  Take care.
Earl C.
on 2/27/07 11:30 pm - Circleville, OH
 Hey Julie, Yep, blew out the ACL but it appears to be getting better than ever. I have to be extra careful with it though. Things are great with me.  I know the other  Julie from OSU group and Sharyn and Darlene from OH were planning a girls night out there last week but I think the ice storm put a kink in the plans.  We thought about going for a second, then looked outside at the sleet and lit the fireplace up and stayed in. Good luck with the half marathon. Arnold is having a 5k pump and run this Sunday at the convention center. The expo is great to find supplement samples at. Have a good one Earl
julieohio
on 2/28/07 4:36 am - Gahanna, OH
Hi Earl Gald you are getting better, The pump and run sounds like fun. I should have signed up for it. I will have to check out the time I might be able to go watch, that is if it does not interfere with my own running schedule. Take care and keep me posted on the next scheduled trip to light.  Julie
Earl C.
on 2/28/07 1:34 pm - Circleville, OH
Will do. We might head up to Lights this weekend. Not sure yet. I love the Arnold show but get burned out on the crowd by Saturday night. I was planning on going Fri, Sat and Sun but might skip Sunday to recover. Good luck on the running. You should do some track meets with me. We can start a WLS team. Earl
julieohio
on 3/1/07 7:39 pm - Gahanna, OH
Hi Earl, I can ot imagine myself at a track meet but I will let you know if I change my mind.
Laura_G.
on 3/1/07 6:40 am - Rutledge, MN
I don't personally run, but do exersize aggressively (60+ minutes) a day.  I drink water with Emergen-C mixed in.  It contains vitamins and minerals, that help me to prevent muscle fatigue.  I mix it with more water than the package recommends, so it isn't so sweet.   Hope this helps. -L.
julieohio
on 3/1/07 7:38 pm - Gahanna, OH
Hi Laura, Thanks so much for the response. I will try that. Have fun working out. Julie
Most Active