Emotions & Exercise

EZDZIT2000
on 2/28/07 6:14 am - Elk Grove, CA

I am Pre-op.  Just started going to the Gym.  Been going for since Saturday and i have been EVERYDAY For at least 20 min.!!    Today I am emotional.  Really emotional ..  Excersise it the only change.  I am not PMSing, Dieting as usual, maybe a little more tired  today...  One thing is FOR SURE... I love the gym.  can't wait to get off work and go.. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this?

330/289/195/175  highest/preop/current/goal
"If you don't like where I am, Leave me where you found me.  Someone else will come along."
GETTING CLOSE!!!
Maryland
on 2/28/07 7:45 am - Rockville, MD
Well, exercise has been proven to affect the dopamine levels in the brain, but not usually at the levels of exercise you are doing.  You can get a "runners high" after exercising for a certain amount of time/intensity.  People actually become physically addicted to exercise. However, you've only been doing a little bit for a few days.  I just suspect that you feel better, and your body is performing better.  Maybe this is affecting your emotions? 
EZDZIT2000
on 2/28/07 7:55 am - Elk Grove, CA
Ya know..  I do feel the "high' at the gym..  and it lasts for a while  usually for a day or two..  just a rough day today i guess. someone mentioned that my body and mind are changing.. and that is probably to core of it..   lol.. I feel better now...   thank you!!
 330/289/195/175  highest/preop/current/goal
"If you don't like where I am, Leave me where you found me.  Someone else will come along."
GETTING CLOSE!!!
Dee Mackie
on 3/4/07 2:15 am - NJ
Sounds like those endorphins are kicking in.  Congrats!
sharyn_pear
on 3/9/07 4:39 pm - Australia
I think its just all part of the changes we undergo.  I remember being on the treadmill and I kept pushing up the speed until I had to jog.  I only lasted a few minutes jogging but I wanted to shout out LOOK EVERYONE I'M JOGGING!!!!!  Anyway, I cried all the way home lol.  Good for you... I love the gym now
Highest ever:  around 253lbs (stopped weighing myself at that point)
Current:  134lbs
Most Active