Tuesday training

Earl C.
on 4/3/07 3:48 pm - Circleville, OH
The last nice spring day of the year in Ohio. About 80 today, supposed to snow every day until next week. Global warming sucks. Training 2 pm to 2:45 pm Throwing practice 3 pm to 3:45 pm  walked outside 45 min 11 pm to 11:30 pm @ work gym walked treadmill 30 min, slow 3mph up to level 4 just enough to wake me up for the rest of the shift. Earl

The Secret:

1. Show up

2. Work Hard

3. Repeat

Carla W.
on 4/4/07 12:57 am - CA
RNY on 05/08/06 with
40 minutes elliptical level 7 rpm 60 to 70.
1 hour step areobics

estimated calories burned from exercise alone 1000. intake for the day 1100.

Earl C.
on 4/4/07 9:36 am - Circleville, OH

Good workout Carla. Earl

Kathy S.
on 4/4/07 12:35 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hi Earl, How are things going?  Yes, I have bad news for you!!!  The snow is on it's way.  Nothing big but boy the 30's feel cold after 70's here and the wind chill is worst.  I hate that it's going to be bad for the kids and Easter Egg hunting. I have finally gotten the go ahead for my weight training again.  I am so excited.  I wish I could use my PT again but dollars are short so I am going to try and work my own routines.  I may ask for your help if that is ok.... Anyway, came here to ask advice for a poster and a step DVD.  Don't do much steppin with bad knees, hehehe... Well, take care and have a great workout week!!! Kathy
Earl C.
on 4/4/07 12:50 pm - Circleville, OH
Yeah, it's snowing here a little and cold. Just keep it simple and you'll be ok. Most people just hire the personal trainer for the appointment not the knowledge. But if you need anything just ask. Earl
Kathy S.
on 4/4/07 1:04 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Thanks Earl I will.... I am going over my old sheets and mags and such.  Maybe I should take the PT course to learn for myself ? One question Earl.  Do you do your lifting by upper body and lower body or do you break it up in smaller muscle groups?
Earl C.
on 4/4/07 1:51 pm - Circleville, OH

I'm not a bodybuilder so much, more of an athlete (in a senile, old F@rt kind of way). So first you have to ask yourself what your goals and objectives are. For bodybuilding you train body parts. For athletes you train movements or exercises.

My basic workout schedule is posted on my profile page. I usually concentrate on 1 heavy exercise like squats or floor presses. So when I’m doing a squat day my whole body is getting worked to some degree. So after 1 or 2 main exercises I then might do some body part training, like a bodybuilder, but I’m more than likely trying to build up weak areas at that point.

Anyway, if you’re just getting started a lower body/upper body split is good. Alternate 3 days a week, like Monday – upper, Wed – lower, Fri – upper, then start where you left off the next week Mon – lower, Wed – upper, Fri – lower…etc…

This works out really well for beginners and it’s basically what I’m doing now. It gives your body a little more rest I think. I’m getting really strong for an old man on this program (see profile).

I have whole books on nothing but the different ways you can split up your workouts, so the variations are endless. Everything works…for someone. All you can do is trying one and see how it fits your lifestyle, time and temperament.

If I do too much bodybuilding it makes me sore, which is fine if that’s all I was doing. But I can’t throw or practice if I’m sore all the time. So I generally do less bodybuilding type things when track season starts.

I’m rambling I think. It’s been a long night.

I think if you just pick a program from one of the magazines or bodybuilding.com or bodyforlife.com you’ll be fine.

Good luck

Earl

Kathy S.
on 4/4/07 10:28 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Thanks Earl, I am not going for the body building just putting muscle on for being lean and bone loss as well. Have an awesome day!!!! Take care, Kathy
Most Active