Don't trust number of cals burned on exercise equipment

Kathy S.
on 2/29/08 3:23 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hey Everyone, I always wondered about the number of calories burned on the exercise equipment.  Of course when it was high I said that is right, but when it was low I would say no way Early on I learned to always wear a  heart rate monitor to get the true number of cals burned.  If you live and breath by those numbers then check out this news report from our local station.  They just proved what I thought all along. http://www.nbc5.com/health/15420925/detail.html This is very important if you are the type that says, ok I burned an extra 500 cals today so I can have this or that.  You will be gaining weight and say, how the heck did I do that  I work out, I burned X number of cals every day Keep Moving my friends, but make sure  you have an accurate picture of your working and calories burned  Take care, Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kari M.
on 2/29/08 8:21 am - Pasadena, CA
On February 29, 2008 at 11:23 AM Pacific Time, Kathy S wrote:
Hey Everyone, I always wondered about the number of calories burned on the exercise equipment.  Of course when it was high I said that is right, but when it was low I would say no way Early on I learned to always wear a  heart rate monitor to get the true number of cals burned.  If you live and breath by those numbers then check out this news report from our local station.  They just proved what I thought all along. http://www.nbc5.com/health/15420925/detail.html This is very important if you are the type that says, ok I burned an extra 500 cals today so I can have this or that.  You will be gaining weight and say, how the heck did I do that  I work out, I burned X number of cals every day Keep Moving my friends, but make sure  you have an accurate picture of your working and calories burned  Take care, Kathy
dang. this is how i justified my after-exercise snickers bar! (just kidding)
Most Active