mind willing body slightly unable

liz A.
on 3/4/08 4:05 am

I went back to the gym today.  I really really wanted to have a good workout cause the guy I was kinda trying to date told me he was kinda trying to date someone else.  (ouch) so I go.  15 min elliptical.  could barely do 1.5 miles on tread.  my body was telling me its not quite ready yet....soooo I stopped. but I'm proud of me for: 1.  not turning to food when hearing this news 2.  getting my booty back to the gym 3.  listening to my body take the good with the bad I guess.  I choose to focus on the good. 

Linn D.
on 3/4/08 10:50 am - Missoula, MT
Ouch is right!  Wow, sure hate it when things like that happen. I'm proud of you too! Linn
liz A.
on 3/4/08 9:31 pm
thanks
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/08 10:21 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Good for you for a couple reasons.  First, atta' girl for heading back to the gym.  And don't worry about how much or how little you could do; we all have to start somewhere.  Now that you have a starting point -- 15 min. elliptical, 1.5 miles on treadmill -- keep doing that for a few weeks, then slowly increase your time/distance.  I started out doing 15 minutes on the elliptical, then increased it by 1 minute every week or so.  Eventually, I worked my way up to doing 60 minutes of pretty intense cardio.  Our bodies have an amazing capacity to respond to exercise and if you stick with it a few weeks, you'll already begin to see results.   Second, congrats on not turning to food for comfort.  That's a hard habit to change, but you've made a great start!   Keep us posted on how your new exercise efforts are going!!! Kellie
Most Active