Photo shoot and 4 mile race

MaryS
on 3/10/08 9:23 am - Long Island, NY
I was surprised to hear that US News & World Report wanted to take a picture for the article on WLS and diabetes for when the article appears in the printed magazine. I was planning to do a 4 mile race yesterday, so it seemed appropriate to do the picture then. I met the photographer before the race and she took a bunch of pictures. It was freezing yesterday morning and I wonder if my teeth chattering will show up in the picture - lol! I was really tempted to skip the race because it was so cold. I had a super busy day, a bad night's sleep and it was just so tempting to head back home after the photo shoot and take a nap. However, the photographer sealed my fate by taking pictures with my number on. I just couldn't live with myself with having pictures taken with the number and then not running the race. So, I decided I needed to go ahead and do the race. While waiting for the race to start a woman near by was wondering if she should go back to her car. I told her that she was here now and might as well run. I wouldn't have been able to be stand the jealously if she went back to her warm car - LOL. My GPS watch wouldn't pick up a satellite so I didn't have much of an indication of how I did during the race. I felt like I was having a pretty good race and I was really happy with how I felt during the race. I ended up finishing the race in 42:44 which is a pretty good pace for me. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Kevin A.
on 3/10/08 2:20 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Let us know when it hit the stands!! I need to get a copy!! Great run!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Rob S.
on 3/10/08 11:18 pm - DE
Great job, Mary!  Sounds like you are back in to the swing of things.  Let us know when the article hits the stands. Rob
kypdurran
on 3/11/08 12:56 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Seems like the night before races everyone has trouble sleeping. :)

Congrats on your race Mary.  I look forward to seeing the article.

Chad

Linn D.
on 3/11/08 2:33 am - Missoula, MT
Mary, I always find it interesting how easy it is to try to talk ourselves out of something, but how wonderful it feels when we don't succeed at it! Great job!  Hope the rest of your day was better. Linn
Most Active