Exercise Addiction? Need some advice.

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/08 5:21 am
How much exercise is too much?  I belong to a gym and have been going to 5 hour-long spinning classes a week.  I added two hour-long weight lifting classes and then I got into yoga.  I love yoga and go to 3-4 hour-long classes a week.  I am thinking about reducing the number of spinning classes, but that is the only cardio I get.  I could substitute swimming.  I have a torn acl and am afraid of running, but maybe that is irrational.  I think I need mix up the cardio.  I think I need to keep the weight lifting classes and I love the yoga classes.  I am worried about over-exercising.  My weight loss has stalled for the last three months when I added the strength training. Any suggestions?
Earl C.
on 3/16/08 6:12 am - Circleville, OH
As long as you're not feeling run down or achy all the time, you're not over exercising.
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/08 6:15 am
Thanks.  I am feeling tired and sore today.  I think that I overdid it yesterday.  Usually, I feel fine.
kypdurran
on 3/16/08 9:46 am - Baton Rouge, LA
No such thing as an execrise addiction unless you are harming your body doing so.  If you aren't hurting, and by hurting I don't mean the normal soreness you will experience from lactic acid buildup in your muscles, then you are good to go.   Listen to your body.  It will tell you when you've doing too much.  
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/08 10:43 am
Thanks!  That makes me feel better.  I went to yoga this afternoon and it felt great.  I even did the plow.
Most Active