muscle fatigue after exercise...help!

osojen
on 3/22/08 8:20 am
I am 5 months post bypass. After getting over a bout of plantar fasciitis (inflamed tendon in foot) I am just now getting back into a gym routine, however..... I am experiencing extreme fatigue (i dive for bed after working out) I have never experienced this before. Now it has been two years (yes two YEARS) since I have had an exercise routine. I am great about taking my vitamins, could be getting more protein in. In the past I had enormous amounts of energy after working out, and felt great. That is just not the case now.....Any ideas?
Scott William
on 3/23/08 4:06 am
I typically hate this response but have you talked with your surgeon about it.  Could it be iron related.  How about the B12.  I had an issue when I ran out of that for a few weeks.  I hope it gets better.  Perhaps if you establish a routine it would get better.  Good luck
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
stitch0102
on 3/23/08 10:29 pm - Jersey Shore, PA
Try to eat some whey based protein before your workout and some slower burning carbs before your workout.  Stay hydrated.  After your workout eat some additional protein and some faster burning carbs to replenish your glycogen stores.  You need the protein to build back up. 

September 2006...415 lbs.
April 12, 2007...surgery...285 lbs.    Goal...210     Current...181

Most Active