UKROPS 10K in Richmond VA April 5 Mtg Spot

wjoegreen
on 3/22/08 1:32 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Yo everyone interested. Me and my wife drove up to refresh my memory on whats there at the UKROPS 10K starting line and where the parking decks and all are.   After studying the start on Broad Street and taking into consideration where all of the port-o-johns were lined up and the crowd/participants gathered and warmed-up last year,... I recommend as a good meeting location:  the corner of Broad and W. Laurel St in Richmond, at the black building with copper/brass colored lettering "Richmond Glass Shop, Incorporated".   This is about 3 blocks south of the start line (at Harrison and Broad).  This is also between the blue sign with white lettering "BOOKS" to the south and the yellow-awninged Wireless Toys shop to the north and below the VCU School of Arts opposite the corner of Broad and Shafer at the parking deck. Hope to see any who can attend to walk, run, or socialize and cheer. I have to be in Hopewell at 12 noon to start delivering brunswick stew for a fund raiser I am very invloved with,...but we should be more than able to do that as the race starts about 8/8:30 to 9 (witht the wave starts) and should be over in 1 -2 hours which would be 11 a.m. for the slowest  walker and last person finishing. Joe
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active