spinning vs. biking

Chris Zane
on 4/5/08 10:05 am
I absolutely love biking - getting on my bike and taking off on country roads or commuting through town or on the River Trail.  I can go forever it seems. However, over the years, both pre and post surgery, I've taken spinning classes.  I just don't like them for some reason.  I like to take one for the weeks before biking season starts mostly just to get used to sitting in the saddle and pedalling.  All of the jumping and standing stuff just really bothers my one knee and doesn't really seem necessary to me. Does anyone else experience this?  Loving biking, but hating spinning? I guess I just feel like I should like spinning more since I love biking, but maybe I just need to accept that for me biking will just be a summer sport rather than a year round one.
Linn D.
on 4/5/08 11:58 am - Missoula, MT
Not me.  I feel like I get a lot more out of a spinning class, but I generally ride outside with my husband.  We don't ride too long or hard, so it really is just fun and relaxing for me.. But we are all made from different molds, so I say, do whatever makes you want to keep going. Linn
Jce3g
on 4/6/08 11:23 am - MI
I like my gym's spping class.  The instructor mixes up the jumping with heavy resistence.  But with the weather finnally turning nice (Michgian) I have been hitting the road alot.  I will say the half hour class is probably more intense than half an hour on the road, but when I ride on the road it is usually for an hour or two. Jason
Most Active