Weight training for bat wings & legs?

zoo
on 4/5/08 12:39 pm - Banded 2/7/06 (242 starting weight) 157 goal, LA
I wanted to ask if any of you can help me. I was wondering if I will be able to get rid of my bat wings or at least most of it with weight trianing? I also have very large legs too & have cottage cheese look going on. Will it help too with that?  

Zoo: : 

Earl C.
on 4/5/08 1:04 pm - Circleville, OH
Wouldn't hurt.
zoo
on 4/6/08 11:42 am - Banded 2/7/06 (242 starting weight) 157 goal, LA
That's what I'm thinkin!  I'll go tomorrow & start 3x a wk!  wheew hoo!

cbrock1592
on 4/6/08 2:50 am - New Haven, CT
I started working out with a personal trainer 2x a week and have seen massive improvements with the skin on my arms. Can't answer the leg question - I have too much muscle there

Christine
band date: August 1, 2007
Band Removal Date:  Sept 30, 2008
Highest Weight: 355 lbs
Day of Surgery: 231 lbs
Current Weight: 185 lbs

KTBee
on 4/6/08 5:12 am
Bat wings don't really go away.   Muscle definition greatly improves their appearance and tone however.  Besides my weight work which has helped the skin by filling in some muscle tone I see a masseuse once a week and she works on my legs to get the circulation where it should be.  As a result, I do not have cottage cheese legs.  My legs are probably my best feature.  I do notice that if I don't keep my water intake up consistently that I start to see lumps emerging.   I still have extra skin but it isn't anywhere near the horror I expected.  I wear shorts and sleeveless shirts in public and I haven't even gotten to goal yet.   Katy
zoo
on 4/6/08 11:44 am - Banded 2/7/06 (242 starting weight) 157 goal, LA
I am going to start this week doing weights 3x a week.  I usually do 1x a week & the rest aerobics.

zoo
on 4/6/08 11:47 am - Banded 2/7/06 (242 starting weight) 157 goal, LA
How often do you get a massage?

KTBee
on 4/13/08 6:58 am
Sorry, I have not been checking the boards lately much.  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. I have to get a massage once a week.  That is my time and my treat to myself.  Part of my life is spent running a ranch and I often have to lug 50 pound feed bags around (even up and down tall feeders) and fix fences (pulling and stretching wire).  It is a lot of physical work.  Along with that I do a lot of weight training and still tend to stress my shoulders and neck.  Without the weekly massage, I am in a world of hurt.  I go to a chiropracter that prescribes massage therapy and my insurance covers most of it. Katy
zoo
on 4/14/08 1:25 am - Banded 2/7/06 (242 starting weight) 157 goal, LA
I am going to make an appointment & treat myself for one for secretary week.

Most Active