I did it!

Im2Seksi4MyFat
on 4/9/08 5:09 pm - OH
I started the Couch to 5k program  this week. I'm looking forward to progressing. My legs hurt a bit  but its just muscle soreness and I know that will go away. I'm doing the 7 month program but since I was already walking,  working out and doing sprints I am starting off on month 2 of the program.  I am also looking for a good pair of running shoes. I have checked out a few sites but may try to find a running store in the Columbus area Couch to 5k...check!    Shoes...check!    Butt Jiggles......CHECK!!!!
"Your BANDestiny is in your own hands!"
Status: Highest weight 378  Prebanding 299.6 Current Weight 244.2
Scott William
on 4/9/08 9:46 pm
Butt jiggles, gut jiggles,  thy jiggles, tri jiggles. We all jiggle, just a little.
Im2Seksi4MyFat
on 4/10/08 12:10 pm - OH
You cracked me up! Whole lotta jiggles going on! I just wonder sometimes what people think when they see this big girl running but then again...Do I care??? Heck no cause I'm workin it!
marsheeeee
on 4/10/08 12:44 am - Jackson, MS

They told us in our Marathon training to sit in your exercise clothes in a tub with cool water in it for a few minutes after finishing your walk/run.  That will relieve the lactic acid build-up in the muscles which is what causes the soreness.  I've tried it - well, I take a cool shower rather than sitting in the tub - and it seems to work. Another thing I've learned is to go to a running store and get them to evaluate which shoes you should wear.  The one here in town had me run a little bit in the store, then suggested a couple of brands for my kind of running.  I have no idea what they're looking for, but my shoes have been a great success.  It must have something to do with whether you are slightly flat-footed, or maybe if you are slew-footed or pigeon-toed, I don't know. 

You go girl! 

Marcia

Im2Seksi4MyFat
on 4/10/08 12:22 pm - OH
Marcia, Thank you for the tips and encouragement. I really appreciate them. I will try the shower/ tub thing and I'm shopping for shoes this weekend. I need all the info and tips I can get. I have never ran in my life unless forced to in gym class when I was a kid. Now I am running because I want to and for my health. I see why it is addicting!   I'm loving this program. I have lost over 4 pounds this week!
MaryS
on 4/10/08 10:21 am - Long Island, NY

Congratulations on starting the program.  It is a great idea to find a running store and get them to fit you.  I think that was the best thing I did when I started running. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Im2Seksi4MyFat
on 4/10/08 12:26 pm - OH
 Thanks! I know getting a good quality pair of running shoes is something I really need to do. I've checked out some of the online running stores but I am afraid I won't get a proper fit if I order without trying on. I'm hoping I can find a good pair of shoes at a reasonable price.
Most Active