BEGINNER STRENGTH TRAINING DVDS?

Melissa D.
on 4/26/11 10:06 pm
Hi!! Does anyone know of any beginner strength training dvds?

superconducting
on 4/28/11 5:16 am - Montgomery, NY
 don't know about dvd's, but this guy's site is like my strength bible.  Lots of vids on form and such, corny humor too :)

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/

CAnutfarmer
on 4/28/11 9:51 am
Charlene*****ett.com has a few strength training DVD's using the ball. I have a couple of them and they're pretty good. She's an older women, but it's hard to keep up with her on some of the exercises. She has some older videos too, but i'm not sure if those are still available or not.

She had a tv series in Canada called It Figures. You may want to google it.

Enjoy!

HW 254 SW 247 CW 162 GW 145  

First 5K                                        37:48
First Trail 1/2 Marathon            3hr 30min
First Regular 1/2 Marathon     3hr 7min
1/2 Marathon 5/20/12               3hr 6min
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 12:09 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
ChaLENE Extreme is really good.  I have been lifting for a long while, and have a hard time just telling folks "my routine" because there are so many things to think about, your form, are you breathing, shrugging your shoulders, et cetera.

She is the same chick who did TurboJam and some folks think she is a little too rahrah, but she is less on these than she was doing TJ, and - well I like her so I do not think twice about it.

The program is a lift heavy/slow program, the lifting portions are 30 minutes so that is nice when you are crunched for time/looking for an excuse to say you do not have enough time.  :} 

I do not do the cardio stuff that came with it, because I zumba on the opposite days I lift, so I cannot speak to it much. 

A beauty thing about this is, whether you are a beginner or experienced, its an excellent program, you just shift intensity by adding more weight, or practicing more dynamic tension as you lift.

Good luck finding a program you will stick with, because you know, consistency is a ***** but she is key! 
Most Active