work out junkie but not losing

mboyter5
on 9/1/11 8:03 am - AK
 I workout like crazy and I thought I would be at my goal weight by now, but I seem to be plateauing all the time . I go down a pound every two months.
My surgery was last Nov . Using weight calculators I thought I would be down from 254 to 180-170 by now . I hover at 200-197 . I started Insanity 3 weeks ago and went down 3 pounds.
What am I doing wrong?
Very careful with my diet so I don't lose muscle and so I can keep my energy up.
Any suggestions?

rachaelv
on 9/1/11 8:15 am - Williston, ND
My guess, and I am not expert, but I would think you are just gaining a ton of muscle! Which is a good thing! Do you notice your clothes fitting different? Do you take measurements at all, because maybe you are losing inches instead of pounds. I struggle with this too. I have been working my butt off for 5 weeks at the gym and I have lost 1 pound. 1 stinkin pound! urgh so I know how frustrating it can be. Just keep chugging along and maybe change up your exercise routine or adding a bit more calories depending on how much your working out. And really, depending on how tall you are 197 isn't all that bad if you have a lot of muscle. Hope this kind of helps =) Good luck!!

MacMadame
on 9/1/11 2:33 pm - Northern, CA
Do you track your food? If you don't track it in detail, then most likely you are doing what most people do when they up their exercise -- which is up your eating to match.

Though most of us retain water for the first two weeks of starting an exercise program (or upping the exercise intensity) and don't always see the results on the scale right away.

It's highly unlikely  you've built up significant muscle in 3 weeks especially if you are eating at a calorie deficit.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

mboyter5
on 9/1/11 3:31 pm - AK
I use loseit.com to track my eating and exercise. I am 5' 3"  and I have been faithfully recording my measurements , food and weight . I am just stumped with the slow weightloss. I am going to be starting P90X soon hoping the weight workout will be better for the weightloss..

nate2009
on 9/1/11 10:25 pm - Lebanon, OH
If your doing everything right maybe ask for a hormone and thyroid panel. Could be something that has nothing to do with your workouts or intake. Just a thought.
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
Most Active