Saturday Workouts!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 8:19 am, edited 9/17/11 8:41 am
AWESOME!  Nice touch with the link to the activity.  I was going to do that today (still will) but you beat me to it! 

Do you have some kind of device you put in your shoe laces to get the running cadence?

JsSkinnyMom
on 9/17/11 9:51 am - Youngsville, LA
Thanks...I'm getting all techy on you!  Watch out!  lol

Yeah, I have a Footpod.  I hope it's pretty accurate.  Next time I'll have my husband wear his Forerunner so we can compare notes after the run.
 J's Skinny Mom  

HW 238 / SW 235 / CW 120  
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 8:19 am, edited 9/17/11 8:38 am
Let's see how this works.  LOL

OK, tried to get fancy and embed my ride but that didn't work so here is the link.

connect.garmin.com/activity/115095933

This was my first ride after 2 days of pre-pre-op diet.  LOL  I wanted to test dropping Kcals and carbs.  Kept the HR between 135 & 145 and cadence at 80.  The only concession to carbs was that I used 1/2 scoop of HEED in a 24 oz bottle instead of 2 scoops.  I also carried a couple carb gel packets in case I bonked.  Today's ride I actually burned more Kcals than I had eaten for the day so far.  Water wasn't an issue since it was about 70 degrees and light breeze out of the SE.  I got a little "bonky" in the last 10 minutes but didn't see stars swirling around my head. 

The post ride recovery was a little different since I didn't have many carbs today and I felt it took me a bit longer to feel right.  I was a bit more tired but I'm beyond that now.  The Edge 800 is notoriously bad at calorie burn estimates.  I'm fairly confident after many miles of food and exercise logging that I need to add 50% to what ever it says so in this case I was over 1500 Kcals. 

So, speed wasn't my goal and I feel I got a good initial ride with low carbs.  It was a good day.

Jillian O.
on 9/17/11 10:57 am - Fort Riley, KS
I raced a sprint triathlon today, last triathlon of the year. I felt somewhat run-down, still feel like I am recovering from Ironman. I placed 1st in my age group.

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 11:06 am
WOW...felt blah, still recovering, placed 1st...can I have a bad day like that? 
MacMadame
on 9/17/11 4:21 pm - Northern, CA
I felt kind of sluggish on my ride today too. I expect the same for my AquaBike next week. I do NOT expect to play 1st in my AG though! LOL

(Okay, I kind of do because I think there are only 20 people signed up for the AquaBike so I'm probably the only one in my agre group. But I'm not sure they are even going to do AG awards so who knows...)

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jillian O.
on 9/17/11 11:46 pm - Fort Riley, KS
Good luck in the AuqaBike! Nice that you enjoy swimming. After my last tri of the season yesterday, I am taking a month off from swimming to focus on running. Also, I will have to avoid the pool for awhile after I get my now pink M-Dot tattoo fixed to be red again.  I will focus on swimming after the December marathon when the last thing I will feel like doing is running.

Jillian

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/11 3:12 am, edited 9/18/11 3:13 am
HMMM...wouldn't a pink M-Dot be appropriate for a gal? 

Match the bike too.

Jillian O.
on 9/18/11 4:57 am - Fort Riley, KS
Yeah, I get that a lot, especially when my friends see it for the first time, they assume I got it pink to match my bike. I just wanted it traditional red, hopefully it will be right the second time around.

Jillian

MacMadame
on 9/18/11 1:28 pm - Northern, CA
I'm waiting for Dec. to get my m-dot tat updated for IMC so that I can swim. I don't in Dec anyway (too cold) so that's when I tat.

My m-dot looked pink for a while too but then it went back to red. Maybe you just need to give it some time?

OTOH, there is a flesh spot in the middle of my cactus and time isn't going to fix that. I guess I'll get it filled in again when I get the maple leaf added.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active