Fitness shows on TV

CatladyofPburg
on 11/22/11 12:59 pm - NJ
Are there any? Where did they go?  I cant even find Denise Austin anymore?
I used to love to watch her, Kiana and the Fitness Pro's.  Of course its been about 10 years but I am hoping to find them again or someone?

I am afraid to buy DVD's because I dont have alot of money and I have had bad luck in the past buying tapes and not liking them.  Either the music or the instructor.

Will someone recommend a good cheap started Dvd?? 

I dvr'd the AMA's the other day and have been using that but I have to keep fwding and rewinding, the stop n go isnt really doing it for me. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

MacMadame
on 11/22/11 1:44 pm - Northern, CA
A lot of them have moved to Video on Demand.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

cabin111
on 11/22/11 2:06 pm
A few ideas in no special order.  Try the local library.  Check with neighbors, friends, and family for older VHS or DVDs.  Rent from Blockbuster...See if you like the work out...Then buy it.  Yard sales...But you may have to wait for the spring to find something.  Don't pay more than a buck or two...Just some thoughts...
CatladyofPburg
on 11/25/11 8:24 am - NJ
Thanks for the advice! 
I didnt even think of the library! I'll do that Monday.
I ventured out to Walmart today and bought something to get me started for $10 but I will try yardsales and flea markets too when I can.
I tried Freecyle with no luck.

Thanks again!

Janice B.
on 11/25/11 8:14 pm - Misawa-chi, Japan

I am about to move overseas and, so, subscribed to hulu plus at $8 a month.  But even free hulu has Denise Austin, some FIRM, and many yoga and the like workouts.  You may have to piece together two workouts to make an hour, but it is easily done.

That said, I have found a lot of used dvds and videos for less than $5 on Amazon.  I am a Sharon Mann fan in a big way and that's where I have gotten my library of hers for a total of about $20.

Or .... have you considered working out at the Y? or community gym?  Sometimes I think these things conspire to make me be more social!

Janice

Life is too short to eat vanilla ice cream and dance with boring men.

HW: 305/SW: 289/CW: 129

Most Active