Trying

4ourkids
on 12/2/14 9:41 am
with

So I have been trying to get back into the swing of things with working out 1. because I know that I need it, 2. I feel better when I do, 3. I need to tone...here is the problem I seem to get really tired afterwards, sometimes get light headed while working out. Is there something I should be doing pre-workout?

Gwen M.
on 12/2/14 11:13 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Two ideas - are you properly hydrating before working out?  I sometimes forget that I need to drink at least 8 ounces before a run and end up feeling unwell.  Oops.  

Other idea - my NUT says I can eat a "small carb, like half a banana" before a workout if I need to. So far, I haven't, but it's an option.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Lyss Remaly
on 12/9/14 4:01 am - Wheeling, IL

Good Afternoon 4ourkids!

you might want to look into eating about an hour before you workout.  You NEED that fuel!  Also, a pre-workout might be something to look into.  Personally, I prefer black coffee to get that caffeine kick after work before the gym to get in my two hour workouts.  They do make pre-workouts that are fruit punch and other flavors.  (Check out C4 or Mr. Hyde which are pretty popular).  They are stimulant based so only use a tiny bit to begin with and see where your tolerance is.

Then you NEED to eat or consume protein RIGHT after your workout.  You're been breaking down those muscles and you need to drive that fuel back into your system.

I hope this helps!  Good luck! I hope this goes away! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/14 12:37 am

An apple before a workout is great as well; It gives you more oxygen and helps open up your vessels to take in all that air.  Make sure your iron is at a normal level too; you might have some fatigue from that or any other vitamin issue?  What vitamins do you take?  Do you eat a proper diet?

Bundlina
on 12/16/14 2:31 am

Just curious, because I've been suffering this too after weight lifting, but about how many carbs are you gals eating per day?  I try to keep mine under 30 and am fine for walks and similar low impact exercise but anything high energy or lifting and I feel weak and tired within minutes.  Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/14 6:42 pm

I don't know what my grams are for carbs exactly; that's a good question...I eat fruits so that has carbs in it...more than likeif I was on a very low carb diet I'm sure.  I need to pay attention to this and see.  Thanks!!!

Most Active