Erosion, Ulcers and so on

lastskinny
on 8/17/13 11:14 pm

Hi everyone.

I am in the UK and have been offered a Fobi ring with my Gastric Sleeve. In theory it seems like a fantastic idea; I am scared stiff of regaining weight after putting myself through this. However, after Googling, I can't really find much concrete evidence of the bands long term success. What I did find, is a lot of stories where the band had eroded in to the stomach, caused ulcers and scar tissue.

Is there a reason why such complications take place? For example, eating until over full, causing pressure on the band, this causing it to "cut" in to the stomach? I have know idea, so please forgive me. 

I also read about possible and continual vomiting as well as vitamin deficiencies. 

This is a new procedure in the UK and up until now there was only one surgeon in this country doing it.

Many, many thanks.

Alex 

Arteassia1
on 9/20/13 1:42 am

Please do not have the surgery with the silastic ring I am have the ring remove because of erosion, ulcers on 10/03/2013. This is the worst pain I have ever had I had the fobi pouch procedure in 2004 and I have had constant stomach pain. All the research is true you have stated above I still vomit and have sever vitamin deficiencies do not do it!!!!!!

Most Active