Nikko Blue Hydrangea (HELP!!)

Barb
on 9/19/05 12:50 pm - Springfield, IL
I just bought two hydrangea starts. They arrived very healthy about 2 feet tall (including roots). I planted them immediately in a space I planned just for them in a flower bed in front of my house between the sidewalk and the house. I planted each about 10 inches deep, 2 feet apart and to make certain they could stand on their own I did what I normally do with my tomatos in the beginning, I put a stick next to them and loosely tied some yarn around them. One hour after planting them we get this huge storm. I mean, it has been raining for hours. Obviously my little chosen area is not well irrigated. I looked out recently (after four hours of storming) and they seem to be alright, but I don't want them to drown either. Does anyone know about these plants, a way to irrigate the place I chose or anything? Thanks!! Barb
book W.
on 9/24/05 3:21 pm - cleveland, OH
The bes****er for your plants is rain water, i'm pretty sure they will survive...i have several and they do like plenty of moisture, i'm hoping that rainfall even though a bit excessive helped them to get established. Some peat mossand compost mixed around the base can help off to a good start!
aprilholt
on 3/2/06 6:42 am - hampton, va
Mine have always LOVED tons of water, the more the better, especially rain water...........I think they'll be fine ,jus****ch for yellowing leaves. April day 33......down 26pds
mindyCB
on 7/15/07 1:08 pm - MD
Mine are doing okay ... they have trippled ins size very quickly...except the leaves started turning yellow. I'm not sure it if from over watering (lots of rain, when it rains) or the heat. It's been 100+ degrees around here lately, probably 90 in the shade. I live in the woods and it is heavily shaded. All of the plants I grow are for either part shade or full shade.
Most Active
Recent Topics
VINES FOR NORTHERN MINNESOTA
Jlyynn · 0 replies · 510 views
Veggie Garden
Rilabie_Chime · 0 replies · 323 views
What do you like to grow??
NewJen · 14 replies · 629 views
Tons of Spring Energy
NewJen · 5 replies · 379 views