Before and Afta (Day 80) pics and a super NSV

gman1972
on 5/25/11 1:24 am
First thank you all for just being you..

The last couple of weeks had some slooooowww/lowwww loses. So when I was talking with my other half he suggested I take some new pics and review them, to sort of keep things in perspective. So I did and as I look at them I just say WOW...Ok so thats what 50 pounds looks like...

NSV - Yesterday while at the gym I did it I jogged an entire mile (11 laps) on the track without stopping....This is something I have never done in my life. I did it ONE LAP at a time..Initially I looked at it and said OMG 11 laps, no way I will make it...Then I said lets do it one lap at a time and made it happen...then before I knew it I was at my all time high of 7 laps...then 8...then 9...etc..It was hard but I did it and then soaked up the moment (while almost passing out, hehehe).

Guess the old addage of one day at a time can be modified to one lap at a time..or one pound at a time...Inspiration comes in so many places, I hope that if your struggling today that you get a lil something from this story.

Hugs
G

Ithocles
on 5/25/11 3:32 am
Big congrats G!  Your other half had a great idea and I hope losing 50 pounds on me shows up as much as it does on you.  I was quite impressed, but not as impressed as I am about your NSV.  Wow!  I almost passed out after just reading that paragraph.  Hearing about your progress really helps me keep my goals in mind.  While meeting with the exercise person, I set up a goal of completing the Tulsa Run 5k next October.  Maybe it's not just pie in the sky.

Thanks for sharing with us G.

-Danny

acowandabean
on 5/25/11 8:35 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 08/02/10 with
Looking good there. It takes a long time for the mind to catch up with the body. Good thing your partner sees it and is so smart. This is only the beginning of your success. Be proud of yourself and celebrate every accomplishment.
Every dinner needs a side dish, on a slightly smaller plate. - Book of Mormon (The Musical)

Starting weight: 354    Surgery weight: 322     Current weight: 183  

Deb366
on 5/25/11 12:15 pm
I think it is easy to get really focused on the scale....there are so many other ways to track your weight loss....what you can do, what you can wear, what meds you no longer take, measurements...lots of thing...plus in the end you want to lose extra fat...not weight per se (muscle weighs more) and you want to be in shape..mix up your exercise...recheck your eating habits....stay positive and don't fall back in old habits....

You can do it!! And so true, that much of this is a head game!!

deb

Currently 125  pounds
sandy L.
on 5/25/11 1:10 pm - Altoona, PA
Congrats on jogging the mile, I haven't gotten a mile yet,but i'm working on it.  50 lbs is GREAT!!  you're doing very good.

iamthepoot
on 5/25/11 10:23 pm - San Antonio, TX

Grats G! Way to go! Super excited for you. I haven't attempted to run yet, lol, still feel like I'd be an elephant on the treadmill, but in time I'll try it.. Keep up the great work and much thanks for your support as well..

Craig C.
on 5/25/11 11:26 pm - Fort Worth, TX
That is fantastic G congrats! If anyone deserves it its you. What you did sounds like a daunting task to me so you should be very proud of yourself. the fact that you always make yourself available to help others  by sharing your experiences and offering much needed advice just goes to show what an inspiration you are!

Craig

gman1972
on 5/25/11 11:35 pm
Awww hell, look we may be at different places in this journey (life) but we all need each other to get through it. I appreciate your kind words and hope by being me, then we can all "Pay it Forward" cause at the end of the day people are really what matters the rest of this is just that fluff...

Hugs to all and all to Hugs..
G

OneFinger
on 5/27/11 2:06 am
You are doing awesome!! Congrats on the NSV - I could easily walk an entire mile and doubt I could jog that far.

High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 370 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 940 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1320 views