Up north again this week and I think I might be stalling..

gman1972
on 6/20/11 5:58 am
Hi Gang,
Away for business again this week, at the same damn hotel with the broken scale as last week. I guess I shouldnt be to upset the scale, it says like 188, but maybe its reminding me to shut up be patient and work through this .......

Over the last couple of weeks its weight loss has slowed to a trickle. Then last week and this week the needle isnt moving stuck at 230 ish and paranoia is setting in...

"Could this be it...Wait dont eat that, what are you doing wrong, jog more, jog less, walk more, dont do so many weight this time, are you ever going to get to Onederland, told you that you would be the exception and not make it to your goal, bla bla bla, etc...."

I feel better now that I got to vent...
Hugs G

Ithocles
on 6/20/11 6:57 am
Hello G,

I guess you have that committee in your head too!  While they haven't started on me about weight loss yet, I'm sure they will given time.  It sounds like you process through it pretty quick though, which is a great thing.  I'm sure you'll make it through the stall quickly as well.  Patience...not a gift I have aplenty.

How does it feel to be 65 lbs lighter though?  Do you notice a big difference when travelling?

Enjoy your traveling and have a great time.

Hugs back atcha,

Danny

gman1972
on 6/20/11 7:22 am
First I love the committee statement made me giggle and I will certainly use it when analyzing my friends and loved ones...I do need a better secretary though, this one isnt the best at taking notes...

NOW GET OUT OF MY HEAD >>>HAHAHA...

Its funny you talked about the travel statement because I had some NSVs happen in the past couple of weeks while I was traveling. One of which I realized immediately, the others I just thought about after your question.

Last week was the first time on a plane in a while, I remember saying to myself UGH I hope I dont get stuck squished between some other big folks, that would make for a long plane ride. Then I flashbacked to several other flights where I was feeling like a sardine in a can...
Then when I sat down, I found myself having to lean over towards the middle seat just so it would discourage others from sitting down between me....(Hmm subliminal NSV) You know, bulking up so I would have extra room once we took off. Yes totally selfish and I accept that, oh and so did my row mate who got to stretch out the whole fight.

During this time I flashed back to a trip to Vegas when I actually had to get a seatbelt extender...BAMN NSV....no seatbelt extender and room to pull the one I had on tight, what a concept. 

When I was packing my bags I also realized that I had more room in the bag (this could of been the angelic committee at work but alas I will take it where I can get it) needless to say Mall of America is only 5 miles away from me so I didnt have much room in my suitcase after a visit to IKEA, Macys and Pennys.
I didnt buy alot of clothes but I did buy mom (Laine) some houseshoes called happyfeet, a couple of little gadgets from IKEA and then like 3 shirts and a pair of shorts. 
HERE COMES ANOTHER NSV....I found out the shorts were the wrong size, I tought they were 38s, but they are 36s (TIGHT) but on my butt right now. 

Note : I certainly could of purchased and then filled an entire suitcase, but was a good boy... (Dont count on that happening in another 40 or so pounds...Wink Wink)

Hugs
G

Craig C.
on 6/21/11 12:04 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey G

I feel your pain I too have been having a couple of stalls one lasted two weeks and the other lasted a week. Very frustrating but as you already know this too shall pass. I was questioning everything from the surgery not working to should I eat nothing?, to do I need more protein?, to, do I need to up my water and walk more. Nothing I did changed it. And then I woke up one morning and I had lost 7 lbs. So I know I dont need to tell you to hang in there but hang in there!! We are all here for you so Vent away!

Craig

OneFinger
on 6/21/11 4:00 am
Hey, stalls happen when the body needs time to adjust to all the rapid changes. Craig's comment on changing up your routine is excellent. When I hit a stall I'd change the amount or type of protein. I'd introduce a new food to "shock" the body. I change up my workout routine.

Eventually, the body would typically respond with an "instant" 3-5 lbs loss. Then, I start in with another couple of weeks of no movement. Believe me, what you're going through is typical.

BTW, congrats on your NSVs on the planes. It's almost enjoyable to fly when you don't need the seat belt extender. Now, if they would just do something about the leg room.

Keep you eye focused on the goal and know that you'll reach it. I've actually found that I'm able to drop some pounds when I travel. My eating habits aren't as predictable as when I'm home with my own kitchen. But, my body seems to be able to respond  to the eating change without too much problem.

High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 367 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 939 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1316 views