Hot out

gman1972
on 8/1/11 9:02 pm
Hi Gang,
Lets make sure to stay extra hydrated now...

So lets talk about motivation, when its this damn hot out what do you do to overcome the lack of motivation. You know the oh hell its so hot out, that just looking outside sucks the life out of you, feeling.

Hugs G

rtptjd
on 8/2/11 1:01 am - Atlanta, GA
Hot as hell here in Atlanta!  And the humidity, too -- talk about sucking the life out of you!  I confess, when it's this hot outside I head indoors to the treadmill and eliptical.  As long as I have my iPod & can listen to my trash disco workout music, I'm fine.  Motivation?  Why, getting myself healthy and slimmer of course!  I'm still waiting for surgery so any weight I can take off now just speeds up my recovery.  I try to focus on how much better I'm going to feel and how much better I'm gonna look when that weight is gone!  Working out has been a great stress reliever these past couple months too.  Sanity through sweat! 

Stay cool & keep moving!
gman1972
on 8/2/11 7:46 pm

I am generally a "puttser" and like to be outside. Just the past couple of weeks has been an ahhh its to damn hot out kinda time.
I will stay hawt, hydrated, and moving..

Have a good one
Hugs G

sandy L.
on 8/2/11 1:41 pm - Altoona, PA
 Hello G,

Thanks for the reminder to drink more.  I"m trying even a half of a bottle more than before.  As for the working out.  I head to the gym and then break a sweat there.  Motivation is looking good for my vacation (April 2012)  I wanna try para-sailing.  Hope you're having a good one.

Sandy

P.S.  saw you're so very close to your goal.  good luck, you're doing great.

gman1972
on 8/2/11 7:51 pm

Hi Sandy,
I am always more motivated to be outside even in the heat and will get my walks in, which is my priority right now....
Hmmm Para sailing, is that the one where your attached to the boat. You know from the scene in Jurassic Park where the guys get EATEN. Thats something I would do, just know sky diving, my luck would be I would have a heart attack and die then not pull the cord..
My goal actually might change to 175, but I am 10 pounds away from ONEDERLAND, which will be a huge milestone for me. I haven't been under 200 pounds since I was 12 or 13...

Thanks for the support
Hugs G

sandy L.
on 8/3/11 12:57 pm - Altoona, PA
 Hey G,

Yes para sailing is when you're attached by a cord or rope to a boat.  I've thought of sky diving but I'll build up to that sooner or later.

I haven't set a goal yet.  I figured my body will let me know when it wants to stop.  Continued success on reaching your goal.   

Sandy

OneFinger
on 8/7/11 2:49 am
Currently on vacation visiting the national parks in Southern Utah. It's about 102 degrees during the day and 2 days ago I didn't get enough water. Kinda scary on that hike.

I'm now much more careful about getting my water. Not used to temperatures this high. But, loving my new-found mobility.

High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
Ithocles
on 8/8/11 2:10 am
Hello G,

I am NOT the person to ask about being motivated during the middle of summer.  Heat and I mix about as well as I do with naked women.  You stay so positive and motivated I'm sure that attitude will follow you through to your continued success.  Almost in ONEDERLAND?  OMG!  Congratulations!!!  But stay away from the parasailing....a flat G is not a fun G.

Warmest,

Danny

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 370 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 940 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1320 views