Stalls make me crazy! 20 week pic inside.

AmberLee72
on 11/18/11 4:34 am
Here we go again! Every time I don't lose weight for over a week or more I get this crazy feeling like I'm not gonna lose anymore weight and I'm just going to fail at this like I have failed at every other weigth loss attempt. In the back of my mind Im pretty sure I will keep losing but I do see people on here who have not lost what they should have. I have alot of weight to lose and I'm so gratful for the 95lb loss so far. I have at least another 66lbs to make it to 150lbs. I just don't know if it will ever happen. I was hoping the weight loss wouldnt slow down until 6 months. I will be 5 months post op on the 22nd. I have only lost 8lbs so far this month. It will be the first time since surgery that I have lost less than 10lbs in a month. Please tell me there is hope and I will continue losing?!?! I know I sound crazy. But this journey can be overwhelming.
My beautiful partner and I on 11/12/11- almost 5 months post op. (My partner Lesa is 6 years post op RNY and still doing amazing!)

20 weeks post op- down 95lbs

Craig C.
on 11/18/11 11:25 pm - Fort Worth, TX
First off breath!! You are doing amazing! When was the last time you lost 95 lbs? Stalls suck but they will pass. My weight loss has been excruciatingly slow but I try everyday to be patient and believe me the weight continues to come off. So will yours!. I am now 6 months out but if I remember correctly I had a big ol' stall around the 5 month mark. and then I lost 5 lbs all at once. So keep up the good work you will get there.

Craig

Niller
on 11/19/11 12:23 am, edited 11/19/11 12:24 am
You are doing and looking great girl!

Relax! I lost 90 pounds the first year and almost 30 pounds this year thus far - and looking at my weight records on health tracker there is still a slow downward trend.

But never compare weight losses - bodies. Our bodies are different and we loose weight at different paces ... of course we had WLS to loose our excess weight - but the race is long and I want the results to last a lifetime - and my focus is now to get in better shape - to be able to exercise harder - swim faster - lift more weights - run a little longer - and be as healthy as I can physically and mentally.

WLS was the tool - that made me eat normal - eat and make healthy food choices - eat until I feel full - and then stop. Making sure I get my supplements and live well.

One thing you will also realize - is that the last part of the weight loss - shows much more - just yesterday I got told "that I should not loose more weight" - I was beginning to look too thin .. LOL. So take it easy - eat well and healthy - make sure you feel full and LIVE!
OneFinger
on 11/20/11 4:53 am
AmberLee, I think you're doing just fine and your pictures are fantastic!!

I've noticed my stalls typically occurred when my body was going through an adjustment period. You've dropped 95 lbs and I'm sure your body is just adjusting. It was very typical for me to not lose anything one week and then suddently drop 5 lbs the next week. Then it was back to the 1-2 week stall and another major drop.

I hoped to get to 190 lbs and was very happy when I reached that goal. I started going into maintenance mode and still kept dropping weight. My body has now stabilized at about 180 lbs. Trust your body. It will stabilize at the correct weight for you.

The further out you go from surgery, the slower the loss. But, there's no doubt in my mind that you'll reach your goal within the next 5-6 months. Just let your body rest and recover. The loss will continue. You're doing fine.

High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/11 10:39 pm
You look great and do not get discourage, we all have these times.
We all have these times and it will come off.  Just enjoy the new journey.
roogirlmulder
on 11/21/11 4:10 am - San Diego, CA
Don't be so hard on yourself hun =)

The weight loss will continue, just hang in there. You have gone through an amazing transition and look beautiful.

Try and change things up a bit, increase your protein intake for a month, see if that helps in boosting the weight loss again.

Hang in there, it WILL happen, you WILL make it to 150lbs.

Sian
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
Surgery Date 8/25/2011
Highest Weight 310lbs - Current Weight 154lbs - Goal Weight 175lbs

christy217
on 11/21/11 8:08 am - Mechanicsville, MD
Amber Lee,

I feel the same way you do and I am only not even a week out post op! You look amazing!!! You and your partner look great together, that has to feel nice that you can share this adventure with someone that not only knows, but has been there too!
I am trying to convince myself that since I gained 1.5 pounds back it's not the end of the world, no matter how much it feels like it is! LOL!

Keep up the good work, you're not losing it I feel the same way! I think we set ourselves up for such success, and we are always our own worst critic that it just seems to get us in the butt!

:)

Christy
(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 4:41 am - Charlotte, NC
You are doing great! Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride....
AmberLee72
on 12/5/11 4:08 am
Thank you all so much!!!!! I get a lil nuts sometimes. I hit the 100lbs mark last week!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 369 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 939 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1317 views