I lost it, now what?

gman1972
on 7/26/12 12:56 am
Hi Aaron,

I have had a tummy tuck and some lypo...The tummy tuck was covered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield without appeals or confernence calls, etc. One thing to remember is that coverages are goverened by your specific plan as contracted between your employer and the company. The insurance company gives guidelines but your plan is the rule. That being said I would say that you should start by finding a doc that has experience with working through the "Medically Necessary" piece of insurance pie. Mine gathered all of his information and submitted his request at the onset, so they didnt ask for anything extra. In my case they covered the tummy tuck because it was directly related to the weight loss surgery that the covered the year before..You can find out alot of information from your plan document which can be requested directly to your insurance company. Then outline a plan and work through it..
I still have the loose skin on my arse and my legs and am going to get some more work done in the future. I want to wait till next year so I can really work on toning up some first. The tummy tuck was the most painful thing I have ever done but would do it again.

On the self confidence issue, I would ask do you think that your lack of confidence might actually be the problem? I mean you feel the way you do about yourself and that permeates to the people around you, basically turning them off, before you get a chance to turn them on. Or to simplify it maybe you have your walls up..When our walls are up we are either not letting someone in, or cant see someone through the walls.

Self confidence is just like working out...you have to do things to keep it toned. I personally meditate and reassure myself of who I am, mentally and physically and how far I have come. I also take the time to remind myself of who I want to be...I do this by taking a nice long shower in the dark and just walking through it in my mind...

Hugs
Giuliano

ahoychrispineda
on 8/3/12 12:43 pm - Flushing, NY
Hey Aaron,

I'm kind of in the same boat, dealing with my body the way it is. After losing all the weight, my body is a disaster, my life is a disaster. I've pretty much given up all hopes of ever being happy. I just want to feel "normal" and I want to fall in love with someone who loves me, all of me. I don't know where to go from here, I'm so lost. =(
Christopher E. Pineda // about.me/ahoychrispineda

Height: 6 '4
Heaviest: 330lb
Lightest: 190lbs
Current weight: 196lbs
Heidi P.
on 8/4/12 9:20 am - St Paul, MN
VSG on 06/27/12
Hi there! I am glad you found this board.

First off - I'm not sure that insurance will cover much if any PS. But most DO cover visits with a therapist. I am not sure how you feel about talking to someone - but feeling that way about yourself is no good! You are a beautiful person! In my humble opinion, you should be talking to a professional about your feelings and finding a way to cope. You are toooooo important to let yourself go - especially after a major life changer like the weight you dropped. You deserve happiness, whether you blieve it or not!

Second - You are a hottie!

HW (May 20, 2012) 310 SW (June 27, 2012) 302 GW 175 
M1=29lbs M2=29lbs M3=5lbs M4=4lbs M5=11lbs M6=10lbs
LEAKY SLEEVE DISCOVERED - July 25, 2012. 

Princeton
on 9/17/12 12:24 pm, edited 9/17/12 12:25 pm - PA
 HEY AARON, I THINK YOU LOOK HOT,BUT I KNOW WHAT U MEAN GUYS DIDN'T LIKE ME WHEN I WAS REAL FAT THEN I LOST WGT AND I'M THE MARSHMALLOW MAN... LOL. I HAVE ONE GUY I KNOW WHO STILL LIKES MY BODY,BUT I AM STILL EMBARRESED. I THINK WE AS POST WLS GUYS SHOULD STICK TOGETHER AND DATE EACH OTHER BECAUSE OTHERS DO NOT REALLY UNDERSTAND AND PEOPLE ARE TO BODY FOCUSED BUT REALLY IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE IT SHOULDN'T MATTER BECAUSE WHAT IF YOU WERE MARRED FOR 50YRS OUR BODIES WOULDN'T LOOK THE SAME NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A NUDE 90 YEAR OLD,LET US BE HAPPY WE TOOK ACTION TO GET HEALTHY. I KNOW ITS EASY TO SAY AND I STILL GET DEPRESSED BUT AT LEAST I CAN WALK AND PUT MY SOCKS ON SOMETHING I COULD HARDLY DO AT 425LBS. HANG IN THERE.       JIM

5'7
HEAVIEST 425
LIGHTEST 240
CURRENTLY 300
RNY 2006
PHILA PA
Chihuahuan
on 10/21/12 3:38 am - New York, NY
RNY on 05/16/12
Good Morning,   I just saw this posting.  I had no idea there was even a GLBT board until I stumbled on it about 5 minutes ago.    I totally feel your pain regarding body image.  I joined a few sites in hopes of making some friends as I don't really know a lot of people here but when some guy messages me or such I just panic.  I too am at a loss as to just tell them up front or what regarding what lies beneath the clothes.    I keep telling myself that the decent guy will look beyond that and if they can't I don't need them but we all know how guys are.    Hang in there!  That is all we can do.  Have a great day!!

Mark   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 382 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 953 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1329 views