Realigned my goal.

aballett
on 9/15/12 6:57 am - Canada
I have reset my goal.  I am now aiming for a BMI which is considered "normal" for someone of my height.  I am wearing a size 9/10 on the bottom and a M-L on top, which looks good on me at this time.  My doctor thought that I looked good yesterday and suggested that I not get too thin, as I would look unhealthy, and actually might get unhealthy.  So, as I feel really great even now, I have listened to him, and for now, have moved my goal ticker to 159, which puts me at 24.9 BMI.  If my body wants to get smaller after that, I will let it, but I am being mindful of my health, not focussing only on my desire to be skinny. 
Thanks for letting me share.
Amy

birder I.
on 9/17/12 6:19 am - Rockford, IL

Good for you! Congratulations!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

marceemarc
on 9/17/12 2:18 pm - Graham, NC
You Go Lady! That's an awesome attitutude to have!
Keep a smile on your face....it makes people wonder what you are up to!

aballett
on 9/17/12 2:44 pm - Canada
thanks for your support! i feel like I am making good, positive thinking changes that may just allow me to be successful at ths weight control thing for once!

ohbearly
on 9/18/12 9:02 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13
God move. There is a point in a successful WLS post-op where they realize that it is not all about the weight and the scale. Success is mostly defined in non-scale victories. Health, attitude and a new life are the best indicators of success. -- Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

aballett
on 9/18/12 1:51 pm - Canada
It's what will keep me here.  The scale just is a constant nagger. I can never please it, and I usually have a great day, unless I step on it and it hasn't moved or gone up .2 of a pound....
so it's best to stay off that thing as much as possible and just live healthily.

Ithocles
on 9/19/12 7:22 am
 That's wonderful news and a great post.  Thanks for the reminder to always be ready to change our goals.  I got a bit frustrated when I couldn't get below 185, so I just decided that's where my body wanted to be and let it be there for a few months.  I've lost a bit since, but it's not a huge deal to me now.  I just monitor where I'm at to make sure I stay on track.

Hugs...

Danny

aballett
on 9/19/12 8:19 am - Canada
 That sure takes the negative pressure off!  I like that.
Amy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 383 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 954 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1330 views