Decision Time...

jlangley
on 7/2/13 9:41 am - NC
VSG on 08/05/13

I had my initial consult today and have started with appts and labs.  My partner of 10 years is being super supportive, but is not a lot of help in terms of helping me decide between VSG and RNY.  Can anyone share their "why" with me?

ohbearly
on 7/8/13 12:33 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Surgery choice is very personal. I am a 5 year Lapband post-op who is undergoing a revision surgery in 3 weeks due to problems with my band. I had a choice of RNY and VSG. I spent a good biut of time researching surgeries. A good place to get an idea of others experiences with the surgeries is in the surgery specific forums. I also took notice of the folks in my local support group. I look for people who seem to have similar traits as I do and look at their choices. You have to remember that there are people who LOVE and HATE their own surgery as well as the other surgery. So, take the personal comment and such with a grain of salt.

I chose RNY. It was my surgeon's recommendation. It was my husband's choice 7 years ago. He has done well. Many of the friends I have made over the years through my online and in-person support networks are RNY patients. It appears to be a surgery I can live with. It was not that VSG was bad, it was because I felt the RNY route was more familiar to me.

Good luck!

Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 360 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 930 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1307 views