Transmasculine FTM Top Surgery after Sleeve Gastrectomy

meko
on 8/26/15 7:05 pm

I was wondering if anyone has had top surgery after a sleeve gastrectomy?  I had my sleeve done on 11/18/2014 and lost 60 lbs now. I am pre T but I will be getting my first shot on Sept 1st.  I went to my top surgery consultation with Dr. Kathy Rumor in Philadelphia and she wants me to get down to my ideal weight which is about another 30 lbs before she will do the surgery.  This makes total sense to me but I have been struggling with losing more weight.  A lot of it is because I was cheating at night mostly.  It has inspired me to start following the guidelines again and getting back to the gym.  Has anyone else run into this and what did you do to overcome it.

CalliopeAnn
on 1/17/17 12:37 pm
VSG on 12/21/16

Late reply I know, sorry! I'm a trans woman, so your specific situation isn't one that resonates totally with me. But I am also losing weight partly because of surgery concerns. The surgeon who will be doing my SRS wants my BMI to be 40 or lower before my surgery. It's been a big thing keeping me motivated. For me, the biggest thing that's helped has been my utter lack of appetite in the 5 weeks since surgery. Maybe "utter lack of appetite" is a stretch. I do get hungry, but not often. Its helped me think of food in terms of a thing I have to do instead of "I'm hungry so I'm gonna eat." Its something I schedule, and I don't eat off that schedule. I've been able to find plenty of stuff I actually enjoy so I'm not torturing myself. I enjoy and look forward to eating, and I'm eating good stuff. Of course in far smaller amounts thanks to my surgery. I just keep thinking of how good its going to feel when my body is whole after my surgery and it keeps me going in the times where I'm struggling. Best of luck to you my friend

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 357 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 927 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1304 views