Constipation

kizie23
on 1/7/06 9:57 pm - blacksburg, VA
Hey family how is everyone doing this fine Sunday morning. I know this is a question that has been asked several times, but here it goes again. I am only a week and a half out. I tried to go this morning and I could not. I am not sure what to do. I have taken a stool softener, and I am waiting to see if it works. I do not see my surgeon until Tuesday, can anyone offer some advise?? Melissa
finda_nessy
on 1/8/06 4:31 am - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
I wouldnt worry about it too much because it was a month before I even had my first stool after surgery! I tried everything from the drug store: stool softner, milk of magnesia, pepto bismo, and NOTHING worked! I felt like I needed to go, but nothing came....sooo if you comtinue to feel contispated...you have two choices, relax and wait until tuesday or call your surgeons office right now and see what they suggest. I think you are doing great and you will continue to shine!!!!! Finda Nessy
& Then Some
on 1/8/06 8:04 am - in, FL
Water is the best weapon to combat that warrior!
Cheri B
on 1/9/06 1:50 am - Forked River, NJ
Hey! I graduated from Radford in '96...I love Blacksburg....have you ever been to The Park in Roanoke? I don't know what it looks like now, but I miss it a lot. It's so different up here. Everyone is so segregated into their own groups--there you had everything all in one place. Hmmmm...constipation...well, my first BM hit before I left the hospital. And then I did fine for about a week. But after that, it took nearly three days and it hurt. I tried the water thing, but to no avail. What I ended up doing was going to store and buying a Fleet enema. It worked like a charm. I only had to do that once. By the next time it happened, I was able to eat fruit, and let me tell you--water and honeydew/cantaloupe/watermelon work wonders!!! Good luck! -Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 357 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 927 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1304 views