How long until return to work?

hairdoer01
on 1/14/07 11:15 am
Hi! I am hoping to have surgery in March 2007 and I am wondering how soon you fellow hairdressers returned to work. I work 5 days a week, 6 hours a day, so 30 hours a week. I was hoping to get back 2 weeks after lap RNY, even if I do 4 hour days. Also, did you tell a lot of clients before surgery? Thanks for your help! Donna
susandoeshair
on 1/22/07 8:33 pm - Alexander, AR
Hi Donna, Wow....I didn't even know this forum existed!!! Happened to look to the left while my screen was refreshing and wow...who knew??? Anyway, I had a lap rny and went back to work after two weeks. I only work three days a week, but still limited how much I did each day. The whole "who'd you tell" subject is a stickey one!! I was VERY careful who I told after having chosen the wrong person to tell. For the most part, everyone was very supportive, but you're always going to find the ones who think this surgery is either dangerous, the easy way out, etc, etc, the list goes on! My biggest challenge was when I came back and everyone "inspected" everything I ate and drank. For a week or so, I even took my lunch out to my car and found a nice place away from the salon to eat. You know how it is in a salon, there will be lots of talk at first, then they'll find someone/something new to go on about. Now, all they can talk about is how good I look. Soon, it's going to be "how much more weight are you going to lose" when I still have about #50 to go. Never ends, just live in a salon....and I know....this is my 30th year!!! Best of luck! Susan
hairdoer01
on 2/14/07 1:44 pm
Thanks so much for the reply! I finally got back to check to see if I had one. I also found this board by accident. Everything you said rang true as far as how salons are. I hate being the "center of attention", so I'll be looking forward to the day they move on! Thanks again, Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hairstylist Blogging Opportunity
BarbQuinn · 1 replies · 599 views
nails
cats3free · 0 replies · 354 views
Hello hello!
EricaC · 0 replies · 390 views
HAIR STYLIST WANTED
ogonzal07 · 0 replies · 603 views