Help Yellow Nails...Green Hair????

HeathersLosin
on 9/9/04 4:26 am - Oxford, AL
I am a cosmetology student and we had to do manicures last night. When my polish was removed, my nails turned yellow. There was only a very small amount of clear polish on my nails to begin with. Even the ones that weren't touched with the acetone, still turned yellow. The only other thing put on my hands was antiseptic. We did manage to finally get it off but now I am wondering how getting my hair will do if I get my highlights touched up? Is there something chemically in us like pregnant women that would affect something like this? Please help. I don't want green hair for the ball. Heather
red
on 9/10/04 9:13 am - shepherdsville, KY
are u kiddin me???? Do ya really need help?? Brittany.
Michelle B.
on 10/2/04 1:16 am - Rochester, NH
Do a test patch in the back, underneath of your hair.
Kerri R.
on 1/1/05 1:07 pm - Corn Fields, IL
I'm a new nail technician, so I might have a little answer for you about your nails. If you had polish on your nails for a while, it blocks some of the rays from the sun getting to your nails, that might be why your nails turned yellow... just a little guess... sometimes my toes do that. ~Kerri~
marcia W.
on 3/3/05 12:19 pm - tyler, tx
hi heather,,,,,,, i have been in hair business for manyyyyyyyy yrs. just sold my salon not long ago. do you have alot of red in your hair? and tell me exactly what they did,,,,,,biggest thing if you don't reply is never use an ash color it has a green base,,,,,,,,,it is my opinion but i just loathe ashy colors, just email me or you can call as well........good luck,,,,marcia
patrice S.
on 4/14/06 4:51 am - derry, NH
hi, i have been a nail tech for 10 yrs and the only time i have really seen yellow nails is from either polish being on with no base coat or smoking a lot. i have never known remover to do anything to nails but make them a little white sometimes from drying them out. if buffing it with a very mild buffing block doesn't work then my tip for my clients is to soak their nails in denture cleaner, funny i know, but it does work!! as far as the hair situation, i am only a nail tech so i am clueless, lol!! hth, patrice
cats3free
on 7/8/08 9:30 pm
well sometimes nail polish will do that even with a base coat. I believe it is the chemical in the polish even if it is clear , also if you had your hands in any other chemical or even lotion sometimes just doesnt mix. As someone stated above you can lightly buff away the yellow just dont do it to much
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hairstylist Blogging Opportunity
BarbQuinn · 1 replies · 599 views
nails
cats3free · 0 replies · 354 views
Hello hello!
EricaC · 0 replies · 390 views
HAIR STYLIST WANTED
ogonzal07 · 0 replies · 603 views