repost for those of you who didn't read this on the main board yesterday...

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/07 12:32 am - Decatur, AL
**sigh** well... at least i was good. i have a confession to make. i was very nearly really, really, REALLY bad today. i work for a newspaper and quite frequently the employees will be offered free tickets to public events. today is the annual "taste of the shoals" event and i was given free tickets because it's something that i always go to. taste of the shoals is held in the middle of the mall for an hour and a half. all of the local and chain restaurants bring whatever dessert they're most famous for or sometimes several different desserts and everybody walks around these long tables and fills their plates up with one of everything. after you've eaten all of your plate you can go back for seconds until the hour and a half is up. (i only ever went around once but sometimes i'd go back and get "one more" of whatever my favorites were.) so here i am, 7 1/2 months out from lap rny, down 103 pounds with 28 to goal, since then i've had a perforated ulcer, a stricture that had to be dilated AND about 6 weeks ago had to have my gall bladder removed and an internal hernia repaired, i'm in a 2 week long "plateau" that i'm hoping to break through very soon and can you believe that i was even considering going to an event such as this??? wtf is wrong with me?? omgs, can you just imagine what would have happened? jeez!! i had it all planned out too. i was going to bring a plastic container and just put everything into that and put it in my fridge, only taking it out for a "bite" every now and then. yeah... right... THAT would have worked out JUST fine, lol!!!! and can you believe that people at my job actually willingly, knowingly and freely gave me those tickets?? and one girl, who had recently been considering gastric bypass surgery for herself, was planning on going with me! and just now my girlfriend called to tell me that she gets off work at 7:00 tonight which is 30 minutes before the end of the event. and can you believe that, even while in the midst writing this post, i was even considering giving her the ticket and letting her go and "taste the shoals, lol! but she's the size i was when i had surgery and just today said that she wanted to have surgery. it wasn't the first time she's expressed an interest in the surgery but since she mentioned it today i think that probably would NOT be a very supportive thing for me to do for her, lol! ok, i just had to get that off my chest. thanks for listening. i hope i didn't bore you too terribly much, lol.
Cira S.
on 7/13/07 1:41 pm - Charles Town , WV
Good for you that you didn't subcomed to the temptation. You are a wonderful supporter to your friend especially when her turn comes if she decides to have surgery. You should be very proud of yourself! Hugs, Cira
cowangel
on 7/14/07 8:43 am - Grovetown, GA
sorry to hear so many prob , glad you resisted.. I miss sending presents to you...
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/07 9:38 am - Decatur, AL
lol yeah i had so much going on with all my different complications and got behind so i suppose i was dropped. owell...
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 656 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 536 views