THANKS EVERYBODY

Rosa
on 1/27/06 1:11 pm - Milton, DE
Hi Everyone, Thanks so much for all your love and support. I had my surgery on 1/24 and it is now 1/28. Wow, 4 days. I don't mind telling you that there were times I wondered if I had made the right choice, but I know I did. I know a lot of people have had it much worse than I. But it is good to be back home. Karen was supposed to update everyone, but she spent most of the time in the hospital with me. She only left when they kicked her out. She has been a true blessing. I don't know how anyone can go through this alone. It's been a rough road, but I know it will only get better. I feel like I have a rock in my stomach most of the time, but I am eating only clear liquids and sipping water. Tomorrow (actually today) I will be able to start on baby food. Yum Yum. I can not believe I am so looking forward to baby food! You all are such a wonderful support and I do so appreciate all you have done for me and responding to my posts. Big hugs, Rosa
nreyes
on 1/29/06 12:02 am - Hollister, CA
Hello Rosa, I'm so glad to hear that everything went well with your surgery and that you have the support you need. I was sending nothing but good wishes to you that morning. It's only going to get better from here on out. Enjoy the process because it goes by so fast. Again, felicitaciones!! Noemi
Rosa
on 2/1/06 2:59 pm - Milton, DE
Hola Noemi, Thanks so much for the well wishes! I am one week and one day post-op today. Feeling pretty good. I am so excited about having done this. Hope we can get some more latinas/latinos to post here. Any ideas??? Hugs, Rosa
carolbear
on 2/13/06 3:08 am - Baldwin Park, CA
Hello there, my name is Carol-bear, I'm a latina woman....I am hoping to have a surgery soon. I'm presently finishing my prereq's.......I need to have an upper GI, it is scheduled for 2/20.....Good Luck to me.....I am really scared, I just hope that I'm doing the right thing...any suggestions?
Rosa
on 2/13/06 12:44 pm - Milton, DE
Hi Carol, I wish you the very best when you have your surgery. The most important thing I can suggest is to do everything the surgeon tells you. Walk, drink, and try to get all your protein in. I know it's difficult, but it is very important. Also, if you have a couple of rough days following the surgery, just remember that they will pass and you will start to feel so much better in no time. I could tell the difference in just a few days. I was able to take a nice long shower without having the awful back pain I have suffered with for over a year. Please keep us (the few of us that are here) up dated. Good luck, and God bless! Big Hug, Rosa
carolbear
on 2/15/06 12:37 am - Baldwin Park, CA
Thank you Rosa, it is nice to know that I am not the only one going through this...At times I feel like a failure for going through this instead of exercising and eating right.....The reality is, I have tried that and other things but I can't seem to loose...I am 130lbs overweight ( the weight of another person) and I can't do this alone....I have some medical problems and I feel that I am still young and I should do this before I get a seriouse medical condition that is not reversible.....Thank you and this site for being here for me....Your encouragement means so much to me....I am hooked to this site, I feel like I've found new true friends and a new family... I'm happy for you, keep up with the program that your doctor gave you. Our decision is a life saving, one........God Bless you and please keep me posted with your process........Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics