Anyone Like To WRITE Horror?

Cinderz H.
on 7/16/04 1:10 pm
BOO! Not only do I love reading horror, and watching horror movies, I enjoy writing short tales of horror suspense. I'm not PERFECT by any means but I'm learning! Through a writers group or two I frequent on the web. Anyway... hope to hear from someone. I think you'd better email me instead since this board looks... a little "dead" no pun intended.
Terrie S.
on 11/5/04 1:42 am - Cincinnati, OH
I love horror stories, novels and films. I have dabbled at writing but haven't really stuck with it, no confidence in my ability yet. I will keep trying though. Have you seen the movie The Grudge yet? I loved it, the story was a bit thin in places but it did deliver the frights Well good luck with your writing
redzz04
on 11/5/04 1:51 am
The book im working on is a horror story... I took some local urban legends and well... it turned into a horror book! heh. I am not into the gore or the distrubing (small child) deaths (pet cemetary) I like the movie but that is just too disturbing once you have a little one!!! but I LOVE them anyways I suppose... I want to see the grudge and loved signs (the suspense was awesome in that one!) anyways... comming up with the ending to the horror story is very very very challenging. I am not at the end and have an idea...but i am thinkign of changin ALOT of the book... it started to go in the wrong direction 'sigh' I put it down for a bit but need to get back to it!
Cinderz H.
on 11/9/04 5:20 pm
OH WOW! Writers! So happy you stopped over to post! Please do email me, any of you, if you'd like. I'd enjoy swapping short pieces of our stories or something. We could make a fun group for outside critique and helpful cheering on. Writing a novel of my own is an idea of mine, and I have possibly started one. It could be a story story, or maybe it would be worthy of being a lot more. Maybe it will be a novel. But starting out, it's GREAT experience and fun, to begin with short story writing. There are SO many websites where you can find other writers who write short stories, you can learn from and share with, possibly helping another new writer with your insight along the way. Write shorts, I have gained more exercise for my creative muscles, lol. If you'd like to email me, please do so! Nice to meet you. ~Cin
Cathy H.
on 11/20/04 9:47 am - Efland, NC
Hello Ladies, Just checking in...I haven't really ever thought about writing horror, but I do enjoy writing short storiesand some really corny poetry! Not very good but it is very cathartic for me, since most of them come from some emotional event in my life. Mine mostly are fantasy sort Ray Bradbury genre, but with my stwarped (sick, twisted, and warped) sense of perception. Hope to talk with ya'll more!! Cathy
Cinderz H.
on 11/20/04 10:18 am
Well send me on an email and maybe we can compare stories sometime. It'd be a lot of fun. And lemmie tell ya, I could use a bit more fun lately.
Ellen B.
on 1/16/05 8:49 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hi! I used to write short horror stories and have a horror novel in progress that I began back in the eighties. Right now I'm about 27 chapters into a murder mystery that I've been working on for over a year. I keep losing my momentum due to--what else--food! I keep falling off my food plan and it changes my brain. I get into a "food fog" and all I want to do is eat, read and watch TV. I need a sharp brain in order to write. That's one reason I'm considering WLS. Would love to hear from you about writing, WLS, whatever! Ellen
Ellen B.
on 2/12/05 2:32 pm - Indianapolis, IN
On the subject of horror--movies, that is--I saw "The Ring" when it first came out and it gave me nightmares. And it takes a LOT to scare me! Last week I saw previews of "The Ring 2" and I think I'm almost afraid to go see it. Something about that little dead girl in the well ... yipes! My horror novel is something along the lines of Stephen King's "It," in that it is about a town in Indiana that is haunted throughout its long history. I can't wait to get back to it, but will wait until my current novel is finished. Ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
No movie is scary enough....
Miss J M · 0 replies · 359 views
just saw Silent Hill
bunnybeth · 0 replies · 306 views
HOUSE OF WAX
RACHEL LOVES SEAN · 0 replies · 289 views
SAW 2
RACHEL LOVES SEAN · 0 replies · 331 views