OK Top 10 Horror Movies

redzz04
on 11/5/04 1:57 am
OK the top 10 horror movies that affected me when I was little... 1. The Blob - saw when I was like 4 2. Friday the 13th - saw when I was about 7 or 8 3. Amnityville Horror - young when I saw that one too! 4. Alien 5. Communion (I cant listen to that puttin on the ritz song because of this movie!) 6. Fire in the Sky (just scared the **** out of me!) 7. The Exorsist 8. The mothman prophesies 9. The Ring 10. Ghoulies - younger when I saw that one...thought monsters were going to come out of the toilet on me! hahaha 11. Signs was sooo good (suspense was incredible!) 12. oh and poltergeist of course!!! (and the urban legend surrounding THAT movie!) Ok my post for the Horror board is complete
Cathy H.
on 11/20/04 9:38 am - Efland, NC
Elizabeth, Some really really good ones on your list! I am a lot older so my classics were mostly black and white. I was a major Dracula junkie as a child! heehee. The Hammer Horror Flicks ruled in my day!!! One of my alltime favorites was "The Creature from the Black Lagoon." Age does change your preception though. I saw it playing on TCM the other month and got my daughters to watch it with me. It was funny to watch this time, and couldn't find a scary part in it. Another one that scared me as a kid was the original film "The Cat People". The redid it a couple of years back, just wasn't the same!! One other thing I REALLY like are the ?HORROR? movies that are so outrageous, you just can't do anything but laugh. My favorite two are: The Night of the Leapus(black and white film about attacking GIANT rabbits I swear there really is such a movie!! The other was something like Attack of the Killer Clowns from Outer SPace. Another classic!! Last thought then I gotta go, is my favorite Dracula movie of all time is: "Dracula" with Frank Langella (made late 70's early 80's) Langella played the role so sexually instead of monsterly, that it almost seemed to be a love story. I must admit that I cried when they killed him in the end!! That is the movie that made ME fall in love with Drac. It wasn't Frank, cause I haven't really cared for him since. What strange creatures we are, we that are comfortable with the creatures of the night!!! Wahaahhhh! Cathy
Terrie S.
on 11/29/04 3:47 am - Cincinnati, OH
1. the ring (& ringu) 2. the grudge (& Ju-On) 3. the exorcist 4. the thing (the original and remake) 5. night of the living dead 6. nosferatu 7. Alien & Aliens 8. village of the damned 9. Halloween (the music gets me) 10.Evil dead 2 (still can'****ch that alone) and love the blade series, predator anything and just about any other horror film out there.
piesmom
on 12/30/04 12:15 pm - kingman, AZ
Terrie, your list is good... When I saw the Exorcist, I wanted a priest to come bless my house!! I could hear noises coming from the attic for months after... And I saw Village of the Damned when I was younger, and those kids scared the pants off me. But EVIL DEAD had to be the worst, the heads spining around, vomit everywhere, it was my all time worst... I also will no****ch Evil Dead alone, its scary even in the daylight!!
Toni J.
on 1/17/05 4:10 am - Alexandria, VA
I was rather young when the exorcist came out. To top it off, and at the same time it came out, I put a BIG hole in the ceiling while up in the attic being mischievous as a kid with another youngin. Needless to say, when my leg fell through the ceiling I thought something scary had a hold of my leg until I looked through and saw the plaster on the stereo equipment in the living room. This was too funny! I thought that I was going to get the beating of a lifetime, but luckily I did not. She was so busy trying to keep from laughin after seeing my face. Every morning while getting ready for school, I had to pass by this hole which terrified me to know end. Before it was fixed my aunt taped a newspaper on it! (WHEW****pt hearing what sounded like chains being dragged on the floor. I just knew the devil was comin to get me! Three of my cousins from Texas came to visit, and one of them was sitting on the couch just below the hole. I noticed it moving and decided to pull up a chair and started poking at the newspaper. Low and behold if it didn't come loose and a mouse with all fours spread far and wide is darting for my face! I ran so fast to my room, that I bout killed myself in the process. I finally came out to see yarn where my cousin was sitting knitting leading outside. We fell out on the ground It still cracks me up today!
beverly S.
on 2/12/05 7:48 pm - jersey city, NJ
1.The exorcist 2.Children of the damned,the original not any of the remakes(the black and white version) 3.Friday the 13th part 1 4.Evil dead part 1 5.Alien 7.Halloween 1 8.Dracula (Christopher Lee)all he played in 9.The Blob(old and new) 10.The dark Haven't really seen any good ones lately.ones that take u by surprise and make u jump.They have a couple out now that I intend to see.Hope they can live up to the old ones.I love the Nightmare on Elm street the 1st 2 only.The others liked something.So I have 11
Terrie S.
on 1/17/05 8:25 am - Cincinnati, OH
I was not allowed to see the Exorcist as a child, that is why I was so happy when they re-released at theatres a few years back, I got to see it on a movie screen instead of just on my tv screen. Toni, you are too funny. I am suprised by the young (20 somethings) horror fans that have not seen Evil Dead, I need to rent it and see if it is still as terrifying as I remember it.
Melanie O.
on 6/18/05 7:26 pm - Germantown, MD
Omen/Damien Trilogy is awesome...
oneprettymommy
on 7/3/05 12:50 am - Morgantown, WV
The Grudge scared the living crap out of me. I watched it at night alone. Believe it or not I also watched House of 1000 Corpses alone at night and it freaked me out pretty bad too. I love the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre too. I really like the new horrors/thrillers better than the ones from the 80s because they seem more realistic. I live in WV and Wrong Turn I so could see happening about 30 miles from here! The only thing unrealistic about that movie was the way they made the "inbreds" look. I have never seen anyone around here look that jacked up, but then again, this is WV and I guess anything is possible!!! Kari
Jason C.
on 8/6/05 5:00 pm - Murrieta, CA
Can I just say... "I Love You Guys!" Jason
Most Active
Recent Topics
No movie is scary enough....
Miss J M · 0 replies · 358 views
just saw Silent Hill
bunnybeth · 0 replies · 306 views
HOUSE OF WAX
RACHEL LOVES SEAN · 0 replies · 289 views
SAW 2