Hello.....anybody home?

Melissa1965
on 2/19/09 10:19 am
I was so excited to find a horse forum on oh....but where is everyone?

My dream is to get my WLS and get my confidence back to ride my horse. Right now I barely ride due to my own issues but one day....I will be back in the saddle and brand new woman!
LindaScrip
on 3/7/09 9:38 am
You're gonna laugh at this one.  I just discovered this forum.  By accident mind you and I don't think anyone remembers that its here I will post on the main board I know theres quite a few people besides us girls that have horses.  Isn't that funny!?
Melissa1965
on 3/7/09 10:52 am

LOL....believe me I won't laugh. I found it by accident. I typed "horses" in the help section and it brought up posts from here and a horseback riding forum...

If you go to Off Topic and member interest there are all kinds of sub forums...from knitting to horses.

* Nicole *
on 3/31/09 11:19 pm
Quite honestly welcome to what I consider the slowest board on OH. As we know, when you have horses you just don't have much "spare" time. I know I usually don't especially with the load I have now till winter. 3 horses in training, 2 into shows, lessons for 3 people. And thats also with me working a full time job.

I know I was thrilled when I got back in the saddle. But dont give up the fight.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

eljayem
on 6/5/09 5:06 am

One of my big reasons for getting this surgery is to be able to really ride again. . .  I miss that so much.

Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
Melissa1965
on 6/5/09 5:11 am
I totally get it!  I don't even ride my poor 14.3 Peruvian because I feel like jello up there. He is going to need a slow and steady starting over when I finally can. Poor guy is 18 years old and not fit anymore.
eljayem
on 6/5/09 5:30 am
On June 5, 2009 at 12:11 PM Pacific Time, Melissa1965 wrote:
I totally get it!  I don't even ride my poor 14.3 Peruvian because I feel like jello up there. He is going to need a slow and steady starting over when I finally can. Poor guy is 18 years old and not fit anymore.
I used to ride endurance, and can't wait to do it again.  But right now I'm too big to be able to center myself properly.  Do you know how long after the surgery until riding is a possibility?  Of course, with a Peruvian, there's so much less bounce!  I have a Morab mare and a Halflinger/Quarter cross that we drive.
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
Melissa1965
on 6/5/09 5:44 am
From what I have read, I think it's 2 months before you can ride.  Yep, no bounce. My back just can't handle a jog. It kills me. But I can't wait to ride. My poor 15 year old daughter is dying to trail ride (that's all I do) but I just don't feel good about it yet..
TeresaR
on 11/2/09 2:16 am - Five Points, AL
Being able to ride again is the best thing to happen to me in many years  LUV IT!!!!!  cant think of any other way to explain it   I would do my RNY 20 more times for what it has done 4 my life!!!!!!!!!!!!
TeresaR
TeresaR                
Melissa1965
on 11/2/09 2:29 am
Thanks Teresa....I Love hearing that!

I just got approved for RNY last friday! It's been a journey.

On Nov 22 I will have had my horse for 1 year and only rode him less than 5 times. People think my fear issues have to do with horses but it's my own shattered confidence that has done it. I can't wait to ride again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
New to the Horse Forum
doloresd · 2 replies · 612 views
after a fall ?
chubbychic3 · 1 replies · 418 views
10 miles
eljayem · 2 replies · 449 views