New to this forum

ashleyschmitt27
on 7/7/09 3:23 pm
Hello every one im new to this forum.
I know its that time of the year every one is in the ridding frenzy getting ready for the show season or just plainly getting out and in the saddle.

Im just looking for other friendly horse loven ppl who would like to keep in touch.
I will be having my surgery vary soon and cant wait till i will be able to get back in the saddle and be comfortable with my riding not only me but im sure the horses would love it too .  Any one have any imput on how they get back in the saddle after surgery? How did you prepar your self?  How was your first ride? Any feed back would be great.
eljayem
on 7/13/09 3:10 am
I got on for a "pony ride" around the lawn at about day 18.  But we just walked, and only for about 15 minutes.  I'm hoping to do a bit more this weekend.  It's already easier being 25+ pounds lighter!
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
* Nicole *
on 7/16/09 12:06 am

Well from what I went through.

1) Do not try to push your body too soon. We all know horsebacking is a full body workout...especially in the core. So it wont matter whether you had laproscopic surgery or open...hernias can happen. Give yourself a few months to heal atleast.

2) While my first time back in the saddle was great. Boy did I learn a few things. Such as I had to completely reteach myself to ride properly. Because without the gut and weight in the way your center of gravity changes. So have a good solid horse to ride who will tolerate you relearning.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Most Active
Recent Topics
New to the Horse Forum
doloresd · 2 replies · 615 views
after a fall ?
chubbychic3 · 1 replies · 418 views
10 miles
eljayem · 2 replies · 449 views