Any 'Nighty Night' lovers out there???

Jennifer J.
on 4/28/06 6:18 am
I find most of my favourite humour and comedy comes out of Britain!!!!! 'Nighty Night' is a dry black comedy at its finest! Shocking, original, hilarious and I absolutely loved it!!!! Here in Canada I was able to watch it on BBC Canada and Showcase. If I could describe the main character 'Jill' in a nutshell she is a totally selfish, narcisisitic and psychotic sexual predator... but yet you can't help but fall in love with the *****!!!! In this scene Jill is speaking to the congregation at her husband Terry's funeral...well he's not really dead cuz she has him locked up in her bedroom drugged with a diaper on...but no one else knows that!!!! JILL'S SPEECH AT TERRY'S 'FUNERAL' Nighty Night (Series One, Episode Five) * * * * JILL: "...all I do know Terry would want me to say (sigh) is that today has caused quite a whopping dent in my widows pension. I would have preferred to take him to the dump in a bin bag and give the brunt of the money to the disabled. But Terry wanted to be selfish right up until the end and I must respect that to the letter. Not being funny but Terry would have expected you all to chip in today, otherwise it just gets nasty". VICAR: "Thank you, Jill. ....Death is w.." JILL (interrupting): "I WILL NOT HEAR A WORD AGAINST TERRY! Having said that, he was a very bad husband and quite an evil man. He did not do his duty to me whether it be in the bedroom, in the shower or strapped to the washing machine with a hairbrush in my mouth. He did, however see fit to poke his pipe in a local tart whom i've yet to track down but whom I entirely forgive". VICAR: "Yes, forgiveness is always the best way. ....Jesus..." JILL (interrupting): "SINCE Terry's death I would like to thank two dear friends. Naming no names let's call them....Cathy and Don. Through shunning me in my grief and treating me like a leopard. They have shown me that I am a social pirannah!!". VICAR: "Jill...." JILL (interrupting): "I'm so grateful to Cathy for punching me in the face, throwing me out of her house and trying to run me over!! She has taught me that my friendship and love are useless. What I would say is.....I was abused. It only happened a couple of times........ ........a week. But it was my uncle...." VICAR: "Oh Jill...." JILL: "....One of the teachers at school, our next-door neighbour, the man who delivered the eggs, my grandad and my aunty Pat. She used to read me a story, lift up her top and ask me to throw hoops at her nipples". VICAR: "Jill, i'm so sorry...." JILL: "That wasn't too bad, they were very big. Not the hoops her....." VICAR (interrupting): "Jill, please....don't do this to yourself" JILL (interrupting): "Of course I was just young. Between nine and fifteen... ..... sixteen and eighteen ......and then nothing again until I was twenty eight....and that was just the 'Egg Man'
krmlk26
on 6/2/06 2:12 am - close to louisville, KY
hey, speaking of the BBC-which I LOVE, do you catch any episodes of AB FAB (absolutely fabulous?)? I have the whole set on DVD, but the newer ones, that i understnad rosanne barr owns the right to, aren't that great... anyway, happy friday to ya! karly
Most Active
Recent Topics
plastic surgery gone wrong
bigbare12 · 0 replies · 513 views
Whine Flu
Johnna1 · 1 replies · 3021 views
an oldie but a goody
nursevil · 0 replies · 539 views
HARRIET CARTER
jmoore236 · 0 replies · 852 views
Facts For Insomniacs
Nanci A. · 0 replies · 909 views